Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 dodgy sound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 7:21pm
  I agree, as I said in a previous post, I fed my HD215s with 1200w each (from C Audio xr3801s) and that was always ample.
norty303 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norty303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2014 at 7:51pm
Yep, QSC PLX3402 seemed to be a great amp for these, with up to 3 HD's a side
My laser stuff: Frikkin Lasers
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2014 at 12:14am
Originally posted by norty303 norty303 wrote:

Just a note of caution.
Most feedback along the way with the HD15 has been that once you get much more than 5-600W per box, you simply don't get any more returns from them. Although the old adage of 2x amp power to RMS is good, from experience, driving them really hard with big amps doesn't actually bring anything more to the table, other than risk of damage (which people have seen when driving hard). This was often with the recommended PD154 driver but also seen with PD156 (off the top of my head) which all considered to be fairly tough drivers.
Go carefully... ;)

Also, do you have wadding/dampening material in your rear chamber? This can help with the sound but I would tend to agree that 120-140 LPF would be about the optimum.
exactly this :P
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
nuclearbass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuclearbass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2014 at 4:01pm
As Norty mentioned deals Wadding is important in these, if possible I'd try and acquire a dsp to keep the frequency in the recommended frequency band
one life - have fun!
Force fusion pro audio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345