Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

celto speakers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2014 at 9:01pm
You could throw them further if the driver was out of the box
Mykey Wattco
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2014 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by KidCreole KidCreole wrote:

You could throw them further if the driver was out of the box

But then you would have to think outside the box.

COAT ON
It's everything, not everythink!
ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by flash1 flash1 wrote:

I'm also using some Celto speakers, these are used in V-audio Sub118 basreflex cabinets.
These are very heavy speakers, built like a tank!
Hi Flash,

Glad you like them Smile

Originally posted by Shawn@ELEM Shawn@ELEM wrote:

Can you push those drivers at big events?

I tested my new sets yersterday and I was imperessed with the quality, power wise I did not test them yet for the venue was too small.

are these long throws?

# Sorry for the 1000 questions
Shawn,

SUB118 is a high power vented design used indoor and outdoor. 
Throw is a result of max SPL per cabinet. So use the right amount of boxes to reach the desired SPL at the desired distance.

and finally, which model did you get ? 18S1200 or 18EX1500 ?

Cheers,
Arthur

Edited by ArthurG - 29 December 2014 at 1:08pm
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2014 at 1:23pm
Pronounced kelto or selto?

should be much cheaper than euro products. Looking forward to pricing and a website
Mykey Wattco
flash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2014 at 9:48am
Originally posted by ArthurG ArthurG wrote:

I'm also using some Celto speakers, these are used in V-audio Sub118 basreflex cabinets.
These are very heavy speakers, built like a tank!
Hi Flash,

Glad you like them Smile

I like the 118 subs but they are damn heavy, weight is about 50kg I think.
Maybe next year buying the Neo version if they sound quite similar.

Now waiting for the V.amp, hope to test it soon on the 118 subs and VT12 tops.
ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2014 at 6:38am

Pronounced kelto or selto?

should be much cheaper than euro products. Looking forward to pricing and a website
selto please Smile new website for end of January, time to finish R&D and measurements on new products. 
for end-user pricing, it doesn't only depends on me. Distributors are in the loop...
But on manufacturing cost (BOM), I'm not cheaper than other famous western brands. All important materials are from same international suppliers. Glues / Cones / Voice coil wires / Aquaplased TC4 domes from US, Conex spiders / Voice coil formers / polymer domes from Japan. Magnets (Ceramic and Neo) + metal parts are from China, like everybody.

I like the 118 subs but they are damn heavy, weight is about 50kg I think.
Maybe next year buying the Neo version if they sound quite similar.

Now waiting for the V.amp, hope to test it soon on the 118 subs and VT12 tops.
SUB118Nd will be 5kg less, other things being the same (yes I know, the cabinet is heavy but good bracing is not for free). From early customer's feedback, the Neo version is much preferred over the ferrite one. Sound is more clear, more articulate and punchier, but still same tonality (at the end, it's still my sound signature, my own personal style after all). SPL is also higher to the 2dB more efficient woofer. A great upgrade for the same end-user price Smile

V-Amp is under manufacturing, should be available in January. Finally, VT12 is one of the favorite TOP I've ever designed. Hope you will like it.

Edited by ArthurG - 31 December 2014 at 7:29am
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2014 at 10:10am
Then you should be manufacturing I France instead of working in a shit hole lol
Mykey Wattco
ArthurG View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2015 at 6:31am

Then you should be manufacturing I France instead of working in a shit hole lol
well I'm in France right now for my business (Celto is first a French brand with a French registered company) and honestly, the sh*t hole is not where you think. Western European economy is devastated and workers are so lazy. They believe we are still in 1960s with full employment, fighting for their unlimited rights and holidays... And I don't even talk about the huge amount of taxes, bureaucrat nightmare, and all the counter productive laws that kill entrepreneurs Dead
That being said, because Chinese Labor cost has increased by ~20% each year since 15 years, Eastern Europe manufacturing becomes attractive again and I'm checking to open a factory there. In fact, many international groups are leaving China now cause it's not attractive any more. Textile/Leather in Ethiopia, Hi-Tech in Vietnam (like the last 3 billion dollar Samsung TV factory) and so on...
Shawn@ELEM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn@ELEM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 6:43am
Hi Arthur

how can i get hold of you privately?

you may email me @ shawnmashiya@gmail.com
Shawn@ELEM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn@ELEM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 6:58am
I bought four more of the Celto drivers, 400W RMS just for another test run. The quality i get out of these babies is amazing. I'm about to build two "2 way" dual cabs with the drivers with a 80W compression driver. I can't wait to test them.

Has anyone ever used the Audio Center 1201 Power Amplifier?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12