Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&O BeoPlay A2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2014 at 7:25am
The portable speaker industry is becoming increasingly like the fashion industry and the B&O website is probably the most obvious example of this. Lots of companies relying on brand, jostling to produce the most novel and innovative looking variation of what is essentially a simple product (clothes: cover body, keep warm. Speakers: input audio, output audio)
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2014 at 8:09am
Yeah. It's pretty evident on the B&O website that they're not even trying to suggest they sell an audio device. They're selling a (hipster) fashion statement. Nothing more.
davey t View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey t Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2014 at 10:15am
Purse

The speaker that really annoys me at the moment is the Bower and Wilkins T7 and it's "Micro Matrix"

I guarantee it has almost no effect on the sound - it's just designers gone mental trying to come up with a way to differentiate their rectangular speaker. 
Minirig portable soundsystem movement
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2014 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Saturnus Saturnus wrote:

Yeah. It's pretty evident on the B&O website that they're not even trying to suggest they sell an audio device. They're selling a (hipster) fashion statement. Nothing more.

I sincerely hope they lose plenty of money selling stuff like this.

In the same league as fancy bottles of smelly stuff .... 50p for the contents, coupla quid for the bottle, and loads for the <bleurgh> marketing.

REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
KWB75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KWB75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2014 at 10:04pm
I had to laugh when looking at the Naim mu-so wireless speaker, it's undoubtably a great sounding speaker but you can purchase different coloured cloth grilles - £70 each!

Basic plastic frame with some cloth, maybe a few magnets.
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2014 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by davey t davey t wrote:

Purse

The speaker that really annoys me at the moment is the Bower and Wilkins T7 and it's "Micro Matrix"

I guarantee it has almost no effect on the sound - it's just designers gone mental trying to come up with a way to differentiate their rectangular speaker. 

If the micro matrix had been inside the cabinet I could see it have some effect but clamped on the outside as what appears to be an afterthought, there's no way it has much positive effect. Having 2 sharp edges behind each other will have several negative effects though. 
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2014 at 12:20pm
Oops. I knew I shouldn't have signed up for B&O's spam in my inbox. They've just sent me through a festive greeting to reassure me that the Beoplay A2's 24 hour battery life is 'unprecedented' LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12