Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LMS Limiter pre determined ratios

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LMS Limiter pre determined ratios
    Posted: 26 November 2014 at 12:39am
I have just bought a KT DN8000.

Like a few other processors I have used, the limiter threshold is the only thing that can be alternated, not any parameters on attack or release (which is an issue when trying to make up manufacture presets regarding frequency band widths).

I was wondering if anyone had any idea at what kind of ratio these are set?

I was in 2 minds about applying the compressors at their maximum ratio (15:1... unfortunately nothing higher) with the appropriate attack and release times and threshold of the presets and then using the limiter threshold as a "jumper limiter" value to stop absolute peaks getting through...

** Martin Audio presets referring to XTA settings**

Or should I just suck it up that this is a old unit where the limiter attack and release times are consistent over all frequency bandwidths and maybe just apply some compression at the "jumper limiter" value for some (probably un-needed) OTT protection...

Thoughts?

Edited by Grubbah - 26 November 2014 at 12:41am
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2014 at 10:58am
Hi.

The service manual shows the following settings;

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
Grubbah View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grubbah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2014 at 2:48pm
Thanks elliot.

What I meant was the software algorithm values for the limiter. As you can see the limiter only offers a threshold value unlike modern equivalents that offer an attack and release parameter. However after using the unit for the first time the other night I'm quite content with the limiters as they are, using a bit of compression to combat DJs with filter fingers

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply