Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eminence Omega 18 - plan needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liquidblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eminence Omega 18 - plan needed
    Posted: 18 December 2014 at 5:04pm
OK, first up, I'm already aware of what people generally think of eminence, but that's what I've got to work with, so please don't tell me to get different drivers.

I have two omega 18's which I'd like to get loaded into some boxes to provide the low end for the rest of the rig we have. We generally play dub and jungle, although sometimes we play faster music and I'd like if the subs could handle that. We had the omegas loaded into the super scoopers before, and they sounded muffled when we played faster music (that's what you get when you let your friend play breakcore through scoops I guess).

We generally do indoor, smallish gigs, however what I like is to do outdoor parties whenever we can - I'd do more of them if I could afford it - so they need to be able to perform well outside.

Ideally it would be a design that would perform ok with the eminence, but which we could put better drivers into at a later stage (mo' money), and really make the most of the cabinets. I'd then rehouse the omegas in new boxes to do mid bass - maybe something like the ES18.

My unrefined understanding is that, speaking generally, horns are loud and punchy, but don't go as low, while reflex cabs have a better response and can go lower, but are less efficient and so therefore quieter.

All advice and recommendations (short of getting new drivers) is sought and welcome.
smithshorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smithshorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2014 at 2:48am
C-sub. Plans can be found in the plans section of this site. Haven't personally built these. But have heard good things about them. Can be upgraded with better speakers at a later date.
Meat View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2014 at 7:34am
Omegas are good in ES18s. They don't really go low enough for DnB and jungle though as you say...

...however you could just corner load them as it's indoor gigs right now and build big subs later.
Don't test the champignon sound
liquidblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liquidblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 8:12am
ok... think I'm gong to just put them straight into es18's. I can borrow some X1's for the meantime, if needed, and then when I have some more dough get some decent drivers and augment the es18's with some G subs
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 8:51pm
es18s wont help a lot with adding low end..
(at least not 2 on their own)

whats the rest of you rig btw?
might help to give better advice ;)

Post Reply Post Reply