Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASS Spektra SP5's WANTED!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raoulduke14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASS Spektra SP5's WANTED!
    Posted: 20 December 2014 at 4:51pm
Looking for a pair of SP5's.. heard them at a rave recently and thought they really nice!
trouble is they seem hard to come by.. anyone who could shed light on where to purchase a pair or anyone selling a pair please do get in touch Smile
Cheers!
mooreb View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mooreb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 7:14pm
I would contact Tony ASS on here if I was you!
FB LS AUDIO SYSTEMS
raoulduke14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raoulduke14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2014 at 8:21pm
will do, thanks
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 3:49pm
do love these cabs myself, not the best of freq responses, but sound superb regardless with a little EQ, and can certainly keep up with a fairly large bass section!! Drove a pair off an EVP2000 in a pub function room over a pair of PD186 loaded reflex cabs for a NYE party.... apart from the bass being unable to keep up with the sp5 output, was silly loud, and earned me a ban from using the function room haha.

They do pop up on ebay, but very rarely. Tend to go for much less than they are worth too which is a bonus.....

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raoulduke14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2014 at 5:31pm
Haha they are great cabs no doubt! Planning of having a pair stacked on top of four pd loaded 1850's which should sound pretty nice.. thats if i can ever find a pair for sale Confused
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2014 at 8:32am
I had a pair and they were simply amazing speakers. 
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2014 at 1:27pm
They are good, but beware that the mid driver is toastable before the 15" if you abuse them. Beware MCs!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raoulduke14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2015 at 5:31pm
bump!
krazyneil View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krazyneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2015 at 8:54pm
i might be able to help you

i have a pair of sp5's in my garage, they neeed grills and the hf on one crosover seems not to be working,tested the driver and its fine, pulled crossover out but never got around to geting them sorted, been waiting for an install to come up ,im manchester based if you want a gander and you can have them for £250

all the best
neil
GOD TOLD ME TO DO IT !!!!!
DJ5milez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ5milez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2016 at 12:34pm
have you still got these? if so where abouts in manchester are you and have you got any pics?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raoulduke14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2016 at 6:30pm
Bump
T_! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 11:06am
I've got the old flown sp5's out of the Opera House in Tottenham if anyone still wanted a pair...

Macabre Unit/ Stink Like Sock/ Sub.FM/
 Post Reply Post Reply