Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turntables used by sound systems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Cyklist Cyklist wrote:

Heres mine I got cut up for xmas, have a very tasty arm arriving soon in the post to complete it - 

Yes, good call to get a tone arm replacement!

The original stock tone arm of the Lenco L75 is absolutely shit! The V-block bearing has to be one of the worst solutions ever. I also don't understand why they didn't place the tracking force adjustment weight on the top of the tone arm. I would have thought that having the weight off to one side would load the bearing unevenly (even if ever so slightly....)

I sold mine because of the bad original tone arm. I had skipping issues because of this, the tone arm would sometimes stick. I didn't have the money to start modding, needed the money + space, also still have two technics 1210, wife could not really understand what I need 3 turntables for...... Ouch 

So if you ever consider buying a L75, include a tone arm replacement in the budget, if it is still original.

I built another modded L75 for a friend on a heavy sandwiched birch ply plinth with a Linn Akito tone arm..... now that was another story! Big smile

Edited by bob4 - 06 January 2016 at 4:57pm
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2016 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by Rich99 Rich99 wrote:

you can be a lottery winner and buy this bad boy, weighing in at 29kgs!

wow, they couldn't be arsed to take decent pictures? Looks pretty nice though!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910