Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NCA Asym3?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NCA Asym3?
    Posted: 23 January 2015 at 6:19am
Hi

Just looking for opinions on the NCA Asym3.  I'm in the process of building up my rig again for mobile disco and spotted these.  I like that they appear to be a fairly compact 3-way full range box (albeit bi-amped).  As I'm buying my rig bit by bit and due to the wide range of gigs I do, I'm looking for something that can be part of a scalable system and these seem to be - I'll get a pair of the subs when money allows.

I had ASS SP5 previously and they were awesome FR speakers.  My only other real point of reference is that the guy I DJ with has an HK Actor rig.

All opinions gratefully received.  

Edited by djgorey - 23 January 2015 at 8:03am
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2015 at 8:40am
Anbody? (Aka shameless bump :-) )
Gaffa tape is like the force in Star Wars - there's a dark side and a light side and it holds the universe together
mk2_ginger_biscuit69 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mk2_ginger_biscuit69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2015 at 1:18pm
only heard them as DJ monitors, but as i have heard both the SP5 & Actor also, id say the NCA has the 'biggest' sound, and certainly has enough topend for use in a fairly scalable rig!

''Remember that the object of a subwoofer is to enhance the output of your main speakers, not overpower it''

''Dubstep - an elongated electronic fart''
djgorey View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djgorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2015 at 2:05pm
Cheers! getting hold of SP5's as good as the ones I had (or indeed in any condition) is difficult

What's your opinion on the HK actor? My mate loves is and believes you won't get better for the money.

Edited by djgorey - 24 January 2015 at 2:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply