Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

drivers for x12? PD?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlander_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: drivers for x12? PD?
    Posted: 23 January 2015 at 12:33pm
Hi, have been planning on loading my x12's with some precision devices drivers, perhaps the pd121's, but have recently been told that as they have moved their factory to china the quality is now suffering. is this true? and if so is there another brand someone can suggest that could fill the gap? same goes for what im going to load into my b and c sub15's, which will have to be used both with two 18" subs and wiithout so would be great to have the versatility of being able to achieve the lowest frequencies on sub duty but also to be able to fulfill kick duty when used with the full system.
thanks
knet94 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knet94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2015 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by highlander_S highlander_S wrote:

..precision devices drivers, perhaps the pd121's, but have recently been told that as they have moved their factory to china the quality is now suffering. is this true?

Totally untrue.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2015 at 8:10am
There are some people on here that have been less than satisfied about the performance of some PD's in their boxes. They do however mention it in one out of every three posts they make in all kinds of threads so you might get the idea that it is a common opinion.

But generally they are great quality drivers and i don't think China PD will have much lesser QC as Brittish made. PD is regarded as one of the top brands when it comes to aftermarket and OEM drivers.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2015 at 11:12am
P audio c12 500b mk2. Seriously underated driver
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
PauliePaul View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PauliePaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2015 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by knet94 knet94 wrote:

Originally posted by highlander_S highlander_S wrote:

..precision devices drivers, perhaps the pd121's, but have recently been told that as they have moved their factory to china the quality is now suffering. is this true?

Totally untrue.

Indeed... who starts these rumours...? LOL
highlander_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote highlander_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 10:46am
my problem is that i would just load them with the p-audio sn 2-12 mb8 as per the design, but as the system is to be primarily used for outdoor parties where a generator will be needed, and also as the amp i have bought to power the x12's is the qsc rmx2450, it would be great to find a high efficiency driver with a lowish rms to put in them (like the pd121 but i take the point of it being better for small cabs). considering this amp only has an output of 750w per side at 4ohm it would be great if i could find some suitable 4ohm drivers to load so i could run the amp at 4ohm bridge. i also have a crown macrotech 2400, which i am planning on using to power my two 600w subs in 4ohm bridge, but could maybe switch roles for the amps if people think the crown could handle the higher load of the 4 x12 drivers instead?
cheers in advance
 Post Reply Post Reply