Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lovely small Matrix speakers :)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KonanSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lovely small Matrix speakers :)
    Posted: 27 January 2015 at 2:58pm
Ok so i have had the Matrix D18 double 18" bin for a while now, as a lovely sound, smooth, clean and crisp, goes low enough when you use 4 of them. and definitely sounds best used on the matrix amplifiers :) I'm guessing the system is going to be called "elements" which is a very nice name, fits well with the logo anyway :)

anyway so after using them a couple times someone came and asked if i could sort them out a package deal for some amps and a pair of tops, all from matrix. which i thought was a very sensible idea as it would sound better that way!. and this is what we came up with, a pair of M12 tops and a pair of D18 subs, included in the deal was also an mf7000 and an XT2000 amplifier to power it. i had the system out today and it did sound lovely, tops are really really clean. for close indoor event i can imagine this being a very nice stack. :) and if you add another top and another bin then outside it would sound lovely. :)

also the tops have some lovely handles! fit together great and are loaded with B&C drivers :)

if your after any more info on them i would be happy to help as i can :)

i also recon these would make great monitors, they don't play well below like 160-180ish but as a small mid-top or near field monitor they would be great :)

KSS - Devon based always wanting to learn more
discosucks View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote discosucks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2015 at 5:17pm
Nice!! what arrangement are the tops? 

tidy little rig! 
KonanSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KonanSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2015 at 10:49am
Hellllllo good sir!

The tops are a 12" + 1" combination. :) the 12" doesn't play low mid but it does sound very bright with the highs, and I'm guessing there is a passive crossover in there which crosses them over nicely :)
KSS - Devon based always wanting to learn more
 Post Reply Post Reply