Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > X10, X12, X15 and XM15
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

insulation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SelectaRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: insulation
    Posted: 30 January 2015 at 12:52am
Is there supposed to be any insulation/dampening inside of an x15? I dont think so but just checking to make sure :)

dlyxover View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlyxover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2015 at 2:05am
I would but not insulation, its nasty stuff. 
You don't really want the fibres pumping out you're box.

I use this stuff

line inside the cab maybe a second layer round the 15".
Use a staple gun to hold it in place 
In the Truth there is no news, and in the News there is no truth
SelectaRon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SelectaRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2015 at 2:41am
thanks for the reply! 
SelectaRon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SelectaRon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2015 at 12:02am
ok so i was wrong lol, definitely dampen inside the cab.. bottom to within 2" or so of the back of the port, the back wall and one side... dont forget to weather strip between the cab and the drivers and the input plate on the back.
Did a side by side test with one cab treated and the other raw - the difference was night and day
markie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote markie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2015 at 2:30pm
That polyester wadding is fine but it's expensive. Much cheaper to use home insulation and I have said this many times on the forum.:-

Don't use fibreglass or rockwool insulation or the one made from re-cycled GLASS bottles. The fibres are not healthy for either drivers or lungs.

If you use the insulation made from recycled PLASTIC bottles it's fine. Doesn't make fibres, is non itch  and does the job a treat for about a fiver a roll. This stuff is white like the polyester.
If it's got wheels or tits it's gonna cost a fortune
 Post Reply Post Reply