Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

car battery powered portable system

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vorlot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 10:05am
Well, when I say audiophiles I really mean people who think they are. What I've contentiously encountered as "audiophiles" were fools messing up their sound reproduction after being convinced they should use 88.2kHz, resulting in a lot of supersonic garbage with capable speakers.

I'm well educated on audio, just a little new on the physical aspect of things :-) Does anyone have experience with how many dB you'd need (measured at 1 meter distance) when cornerning a 32x25 area with ~150 people. This is of course a highly subjective question as one might want a lot more volume than another and also hard to explain.

Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 12:34pm
How many dB? As much as you can possibly afford. You won't reach serious levels with the sort of budget/specs it sounds like you're on anyway and 150 people can soak up a lot of noise, especially if you're hoping - at any stage of the night - for the music to be the main event rather than a background accompaniment for people to drink beer and chat to.

mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2015 at 2:46pm
When bass cabinets are considered, 120 dB/1 mtr is where the magic starts to happen but you'll need closer to 130 dB/1 mtr to get the full crowd going. I would definitely reconsider the Boominator, as it makes a far more logical choice than you might think (for so many reason's that I won't even bother to explain ;)

Where in Holland are you located? Ik ben een paar duizend euro in investering verder dan jij, wellicht dat je er iets aan hebt.

Best regards Johan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12