Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Port Length

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badger74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Port Length
    Posted: 18 March 2015 at 7:49pm
I've re created a TCB based on the obsolete JBL using the internet which is pretty difficult as there are no actual sizes for the cabinet ( dual 15" ).

Over on DIYaudio an old thread gave some indications on external dimensions and with this and a post of a mock up i built the unit.

However i was getting 2 different port lengths for the outer chambers;

185mm x 150mm  

470mm x 150mm. 

The later was created using mock up dimensions of the chamber and running it through bassbox, as to why it is so different to an actual box is confusing, perhaps the program was created after JBL built the originals...

My question is, can someone run these dimensions through bassbox and give me an ideal port length?

The internal measurements of the outer chambers are as follows :  700mm x 490mm x 450mm

These are ' slightly ' smaller than the original box that i can work out, purely because i wasn't wasting using another sheet of ply for the sake of 30mm gain on the width of the chamber.

Ideally it should be tuned to about 35hz

Many thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply