Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 15" Kick Bin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P@Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 2:50pm
Hello,

such Resonator Boxes over 80Hz tuning has nothing to do with natural Music reproduktion because it sounds just awful. Clap Musik have much much more Tones than 4 between 30 - 200 Hz ...

Ying Yang Dr. Sound

Mikkel View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by immortal immortal wrote:

Have you looked at the Cubo kick?

They can play up quite high.

What tops are you using that only go down to 300/400hz?

I havent seen the cubo kick, is it 12"?  i'll have a ganders at that shortly in any case, thanks.

Im intending on using some sealed 8" cabs above and they will only really go done to 3/400 realisticly, as theyre underhung vc so very small xmax.
immortal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 4:30pm
There is a 12" version of the cubo kick that will do 110 to 250hz but not 300/400hz
Cemetery Sounds
Mikkel View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 4:42pm
Cool. I'll do a bit of research. Thanks for the heads up! May just go with reflex, though 3 x 12 direct radiators may struggle to keep up with 4 cubo18's a bit :P

Edit: apologies for the hijack btw!!

Edited by Mikkel - 07 April 2015 at 4:45pm
immortal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 5:00pm
Its fine haha.

Two duel 12" reflex would do fine. three singles would probably be ok if they are sensitive drivers and you didn't mind the lack of kick. 
you could run the cubos up to 110 then have some reflex go from there and it would still kick pretty hard.

what 8" drivers are you going to use? they will probably also struggle to keep up with four cubo18 haha.

If all goes well with this kick design I will build four to go over 8 cubo15 :D
Cemetery Sounds
Mikkel View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2015 at 6:22pm
Bloody hell. 8 cubo 15's must thunder. Nice one.

But yea i need ample kick, mostly play techno and trance and alot of the detail sits in the 80 to 400 range. The 8's are rcf L8L750's, long discontinued but sound nice. Anyways im not too worried about theyre quite sensitive and ive got two dual boxes (4in total)+ ive heard the human hearing range is naturally amplified in the 400 - 2000 hz range. Theyre honestly mostly there to take over from thw kicks when ive settled on a design. Cant get both a wide bandwidth and efficiency unfortunately :$
immortal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2015 at 9:51am
I have got some wood cut today to prototype this so hopefully it will be done soon.
Cemetery Sounds
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2015 at 12:11pm
Cubo-kick bin.

4x above your 8x cubo subs and your laughing.

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
immortal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2015 at 1:09pm
I was thinking of building four of those but wanted to have a go at designing my own first.

If this doesn't go well I will probably end up doing that instead.
Cemetery Sounds
immortal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote immortal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2015 at 5:26pm
I have finally got around to this, cut all the angles just need to t nut the baffle, put speakon sockets in and glue it together.

Cemetery Sounds
claudio louzada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote claudio louzada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2016 at 1:11am
you have the box measures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12