Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lab Horn Question/Help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 3:23pm
I'm pretty amazed that they didn't die! But fair play.

Definitely wouldn't be loading them with anything but lab12 if I was building a new bunch, but when it's make noise or don't have a gig...
Future-House View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Future-House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 9:34pm
Cheers lads, and what would u recommend I start with building? ... Es18 bph as that looks simple

Edited by Future-House - 20 April 2015 at 9:37pm
odc04r View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odc04r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2015 at 10:44pm
Reflex if you've never made a cabinet before, or a simple horn such as the ES18 if you have a bit of experience or don't mind burning a few first attempts before you crack it.
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2015 at 10:23am
yer if you haven't built much before I would go for simple. reflex or the cubo is very simple. don't know if that is what you want though. I know it was not best practice but I had to gig and three looks silly. They seem to always have stock now.  But still I am amazed the didn't tear to shreads. Thick ass cone. Inverted dust cover also.
I now have them in some mt130's and I must say I haven't found anything that comes close to the output they give. I haven't tried the pd's however. Twice the price here and no stock.
Good luck with your build.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Future-House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2015 at 12:12pm
Well in cheers for that
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2015 at 1:30pm
I have two unfinished labsusb doing nothing for years. They only need the driver covers sorted out and paint.
I know i am far from UK but if one wants them ill give them both for 200 eur.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Future-House Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2015 at 7:49pm
Cushty that's nearly the price for the wood
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2015 at 7:40am
Sorry I ment mth30 I get confused so many boxes. The crappy cheapo drivers work a treat. note from the pic beer and sick magnets so a pricey driver no way.. They really are surprisingly good not the most controlled bass but they work. Killed a ev qsx system the other day. Not power hungry which is a big plus on 100v. People will scorn but they do work.

I make no appol for the name...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123