Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RCF MB15H401 in HD 15 ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GwanStefani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RCF MB15H401 in HD 15 ?
    Posted: 06 May 2015 at 4:42pm
Hi, been simming the RCF MB15H401 in the HD 15 as we're thinking to build a pair and these are the drivers we have currently. Been getting some pretty nice results, though not really that sure about what we're doing in Hornresp, was hoping people could clear some things up for us, 

These are the inputs I've been using

And this is the SPL graph I got back

This is it in maximum SPL

This is the diaphragm displacement

And again in maximum SPL

The drivers are 700 watts each and we run the bridged of a Crown Macrotech 2400.

What I'm wondering is, what does the red line mean on the graphs in maximum SPL ? Which graph is giving me the most realistic outcome ? Will I be alright to use these drivers in the HD 15 ? Cheers
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 6:36pm
Great drivers but are you really really sure you want HD15's?
GwanStefani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GwanStefani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 7:11pm
Hi Ceharden, Would you suggest we build something else for these drivers ? If so, what do you suggest ? We'll be putting them on top of two X1's and underneath a pair of X12's. Very happy to hear what you've got to say
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 8:37pm
There are a couple of problems with HD15's.  Firstly, they only really work as designed in fairly large stacks, probably at least 4 in a block.  Also, they do not have a very natural sound so it will depend on what music styles you play.  As the name suggests they are designed for Hard Dance and are perfect for House, Techno and that type of think which is kick drum dominated.

I would suggest that to keep up with your existing cabs, you may need to look at 4 kick bins anyway.  Personally I would probably go with just a compact reflex or more likely build one with a V baffle that ended up the same width as the X1.  Maybe even as far as a Push-Pull Slot Loaded.

Hopefully some other guys will chip in with some suggestions.

GwanStefani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GwanStefani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 10:59pm
Any specific bins you have in mind that I could have a look at just now ? We will eventually be building four, only doing two at the minute as we only have the two drivers.
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:40am
Some people have been suggesting this:

There was someone asking a very similar question recently, I can't remember the name of the thread but you can probably find it with a trawl through the forum.

ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 12:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply