Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Eminence kappa 15a for cubo 15.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eminence kappa 15a for cubo 15.
    Posted: 07 May 2015 at 10:39pm
Hi out there.
Sorry for asking about this. I should be going through the cubo thread.
But I just moved so I haven't got any internet yet for the pc and the phone I useless for good proper searching.

I have found a good deal on a pair of eminence kappa 15a And would like to know if they would do well in a cubo 15 or tham 15?
I looked at the spec sheet at speaker parts and the only thing that doesn't fit the requirements is the vas as it is to high.

The plan is take the one kappa 15lf I have and put it in a cubo kick and then load the cubo 15's with something else.
It's for start going to be used for outside 12v stuff with about 300 watt 4ohm. But later hopefully some proper pa stuff.

I hope that there's someone that could help me out here. It seem like there's more activity here then on freespeakerplans :)

Cheers out there!

Image of the back of the unit, it only says kappa, the owners guess that it's 15a, used in some stage monitor.
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:55am
The Kappa 15a is not a subwoofer at all, I have some and by the time you make them procuce any bass they run out of excursion. It makes a great low/mid driver though.
bitSmasher View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bitSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 1:56am
Short XMax, low BL, leave it for midbass only... can't imagine it'll be usable for sub/bass
mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 2:41am
The Kappa 15a will work up till 200 - 250 W, after that it runs out of Xmax (in Cubo 15 Extended). It's however a fine candidate for Cubo Kick (not excursion limited).

Best regards Johan
Hemisphere View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemisphere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 4:13am
If you're using it for 12v do you really need more than 200-250w capacity? I would say not.
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 7:31am
Thanks for the quick answers!
I will not go buy them then, i will try to find something else.
Will it perform better in kick then the kappa 15 lf?

I will try to ask in the Cubo kick thread then.

I just trying to find some units that fits the design, not trying to find something with alot of Watts, It's only because we have the pioneer Gm-D8604 amp. Maybe sooner there will be a upgrade for a bassface.
Saturnus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saturnus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2015 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Ganon Ganon wrote:

Thanks for the quick answers!
I will not go buy them then, i will try to find something else.
Will it perform better in kick then the kappa 15 lf?

I would imagine so without knowing it. The As does have quite significantly better kick than the LFs which is why they were used in the Boominator MEGA experiement. The LFs are a perfect fit for a low cost Cubo15 variant though.
 Post Reply Post Reply