Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

xlr in/out to eurorack modular setup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: xlr in/out to eurorack modular setup
    Posted: 07 July 2015 at 3:26pm
hi all,

I've been thinking recently that I'd like to make up a portable outboard rack for running effects on aux outs and back into channels that would be composed of eurorack modules. As there's a lot of choice out there I'd like to ask on here if anyone has any experience with this and any cost effective modules for balanced xlr in/out.

vermona do these modules but they're £239 and that only gets you one in/out conversion and ideally i'd like at least two to run different effects through (a delay and a resonant grain/pitch shifter)

pittsburgh modular do these though for £65 each but I'd like to move to xlr only. could perhaps make a xlr in/out permanent connector on the rack housing.

For some context, I've been using a space echo pedal at gigs on it's own aux for several years and seems like this would be a good direction to keep creativity progressing and have a good workflow.

Edited by el chupacabra - 07 July 2015 at 3:27pm
[Djo] View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote [Djo] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2015 at 9:28am
Nice to see some Eurocrack here! Beer

Have a look a this site, you'll find what you want!

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules/browser?SearchName=&SearchVendor=&SearchFunction=18&SearchSecondaryfunction=&SearchTe=&SearchTemethod=max&SearchBuildtype=b&SearchMarketplace=&SearchIsmodeled=&SearchShowothers=1&order=newest

Unfortunatly, there's not a lot of module with multiple input/ouput, especially if you want balanced XLR.
Intellijel and Cwejman come to mind :

The doepfer is cheap and cool too :

The DIY way is maybe simpler and cheaper if you want a lot of ins/outs. ;)

amlu View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2015 at 6:49pm
some of that will work if you want to go DIY route...
http://sound.westhost.com/project51.htm

Post Reply Post Reply