Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cerwin vega v152 tweeter?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karmada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2017 at 8:16pm
Wow thanks for all the quick info gents! I noticed the Motorola logo in the older cab but couldn't find a serial number for the life of me thank you for that link jbl man!

A lot of stuff I hadn't heard about cerwins before.. I'd always thought of them as fairly rugged 'stick em in a field' type boxes, clearly I need to work on my research! I'll have a gander at the crossover but by the sounds of it they're not worth spending too much on.

VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 11:06pm
Cerwin Vega.....Pure junk!!  Why do people buy this stuff? Sorry it just makes me sad.
_djk_ View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _djk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2017 at 11:31pm
"Cerwin Vega.....Pure junk!!  Why do people buy this stuff? Sorry it just makes me sad."

They were pretty good for the money, as long as you were smart enough to use them within their 250W rating.

I have used that Motorola piezo driver with even higher powered amps, but with my own custom crossovers.

Edited by _djk_ - 01 March 2017 at 12:39am
djk
Wikl109 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wikl109 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 12:23am
Originally posted by VECTORDJ VECTORDJ wrote:

Cerwin Vega.....Pure junk!!  Why do people buy this stuff? Sorry it just makes me sad.

They may not now be quite the same company as they were but CV have made some iconic audio products over the years.
When the original V-152 came out they were a very popular box for a 'speakers on stands' type set up. Even here in the UK where the original price point for these was about £700 for a pair (a lot more than in the States).
Given that at the time 3 of the biggest selling boxes in this price range were the Peavey Hisys 2, Vega V-152 and JBL Tr-125 (Ok these were a little cheaper) then for a DJ set i'd take the Vega's any day of the week.
Cheers, Chris.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12