Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how much kit

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how much kit
    Posted: 11 July 2015 at 9:55pm
Hello there fellow forum members I have a quick question.? A few month back I went to the caribbean weekender in Southport 1 arena had king tubbies sound with around 12 scoops in a largish arena about 800 ppl the other had about 500 with a set provided by delroy p . The 2nd room had 4 of mikey s wattco scoops loaded with 1850s powered by a k20 it easily filled the room with bass was just ticking over where as king tubbies had 12 scoops looked like ass which in my opinion were struggling! I just wondered do u need to bring tons of kit to fill a dance . I have a humble set up 4 bc sub 18s 2 intimidation pro double 15s runing of a kam kxr2000 for the mid top and an omnitronic bs3600 running the subs xb1000 loaded .I have done a good few weddings and parties and have not been able to use it in anger lol playing bashment house jungle etc so for your average hall venue how much kit do u lot bring?
dashaudio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2015 at 9:59pm
Sorry ive got no pics of my set up but I've had alot of compliment s about the sound not bad considering most of it was 2nd hand @ mikey them wattcos are going strong but I prefered the sound of the volt in them lol
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2015 at 10:49pm
My Wattco's still going strong, but the DubSub will be released from it's cage soon. Bye bye wattco scoops

Edited by KidCreole - 11 July 2015 at 10:49pm
Mykey Wattco
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2015 at 11:30pm
Just three scoops. It was the perfect choice.

paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2015 at 10:10am
I have never really heard king tubbys sound great heard them in few venues over the years, even at Notting hill For the last 9 years in a row :( , they are definitely not ass scoops

Edited by paulus - 29 July 2015 at 10:11am
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
RiddimKid View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RiddimKid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2015 at 6:07pm
King Tubby's sound system sounds awful and is very outdated.

Look at the Amps, Wiring and Lack of low mid. Sound has been the same since the 80s LOL They still get a lot of bookings and i don't know why 

Tubby's turns up at 3:55ish in the vid 

Edited by RiddimKid - 03 August 2015 at 6:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply