Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > HD 15 horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD15 OR USB FOR FANE SV. LF600?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PirateAlien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD15 OR USB FOR FANE SV. LF600?
    Posted: 02 September 2015 at 7:39pm
HI THERE!
I have a little big question and I thing here is the place to ask! :)

Recently I change the drivers of two double 15' bass reflex who I have and I use a Fane Sovereign LF 600w.
Sounds nice used like bass (down to 120hz) but normaly I use for a "kickbass" (from 120hz to 300/400...) the freq. of this drivers is 37 to 3000hz.
for the moment everything is good if not because they are very old boxes of bad wood (MDF) and begin to break little pieces with grated of use, etc...
Then I start to planing about make a new model for this drivers and change it to a HD215 or a USB... I need to look it well with a friend but if somebody knows what is the best option for this drivers? will be a nice help, I also think about readaptate a USB or HD15 box for these drivers,, but I need to know if it's a good choice for this cabinets! any opinion or help will be cooool!!! Thanks to all!!
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2015 at 11:52pm
If it needs to go up to 3-400Hz it's going to have to be a reflex box.

Both the HD15 and the USB(which uses an 18" driver) are band pass horns and will not sound good >180Hz.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
 Post Reply Post Reply