Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ohm my dear that's cheap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 11:53am
Ohm TRS-212

anyone used them on there own without subs, got gig in a small hall that has a stage, thinking about just using trs-212 full range on stage, anygood?
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 11:56am
If you don't need _any_ bass, then it's fine. However, should you need at least a tiny bit, then it won't do the job.
watchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 3:46pm

Thanks Pasi, I will need a some bass so that's a no -go then.

watchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 3:49pm
Frequency response is 80 Hz - 20 kHz and they won't play any bass.
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 10:55pm
Expensive for the products they have and for a company that's gone broke
Mykey Wattco
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 11:20pm
Sorry for the thread jack - given the current state of affairs, what would people be suggesting if someone required new TRS218 drivers?
trucru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trucru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 5:30am
Ohm the brand still exists, as does the factory in Knutsford. From what I understand it was the trading company - Idex that went into liquidation, and there now seems to be a new trading company. Not sure I agree with the ethics, but basically it means that the brand of Ohm will still be in existence, as will most of the spares....although I believe they may be struggling with some parts at the moment- one that is currently out of stock is the TRS118
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 7:05am
In short.....knock investors then start again
Mykey Wattco
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 3:50pm
'Clean' slate. Helps with any other bills you have outstanding too. It's a favourite of a few people in this trade it seems!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123