Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UK Xmas CNC Offer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teknojay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2015 at 11:30pm
sketchup file sent this morning ;)
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 1:57am
What do you actually cut from?

Skethup is not a machine friendly format, and IMHO is the domain of cretins...

Can you cut direct from solidworks?

I don't really pay for people to re-code my drawings, I just send a format that works,

Also what machine do you have?

Max sheet size and I assume 5 axis, the machine on the you opening pic is a DIY machine...

SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 2:52am
Originally posted by shagnasty shagnasty wrote:

What do you actually cut from?

Skethup is not a machine friendly format, and IMHO is the domain of cretins...

Can you cut direct from solidworks?

I don't really pay for people to re-code my drawings, I just send a format that works,

Also what machine do you have?

Max sheet size and I assume 5 axis, the machine on the you opening pic is a DIY machine...

We use solidworks for cad and inventor hsm professional for toolpath production which is cross compatible with solidworks formats. We found, with Hsm being resource heavy and solidworks lack of multi core processor support, solidworks integrated solidcam to be an unreliable and buggy platform for the Hsm engine.

If you have plywood parts you wish to have cut we guarantee tolerances at industry standard 0.25mm. We only accept files that we can translate into our cam software but nesting and toolpath creation is required of any file format.

Our machines accept 8x4 sheets and are 3axis, the presumption that 3axis cannot cut angles is I'm afraid a common mis conception, infact 5 axis being a more costly service you would be short changing yourself for this type of work on the basis that hourly rates are calculated on overheads. Please see pics of cookies tham12 in previous posts for reference to our 3 axis cut angles. Our machines are designed and built ourselves with over 10 years of experience in cnc routing and a Btec in mechanical engineering, the design and build was to model the capability of that of a popular commercial machine.  A major factor in machine effectiveness is rigidity and weight, we used stress analysis and determined with the use of twice as strong heavy grade profiles, not found in any kit or "diy" build as far as i'm aware of, and with heavy strapping (not visible in the pic, was photoshopped out for ascetics, but the twin profiles are infact heavily strapped together at the back) we were able to replicate the strength of  a steel box section commercial gantry at a reduced weight. Running on the same professional components this allows for better speed performance without being detrimental to rigidity. 

Designing and building our machines has allowed us to keep our overheads low and we are able to offer cnc routing at a considerable reduction of the cost of common cnc routing services. We have many return clients, one of our largest being NCR. The success of our business model, our quality standards require our machines are now run 24/hrs a day 7 days a week. 

Speaker enclosures are simplistic for our machines in nature with some parts we produce demanding an accuracy of 0.05mm, but to put you mind at ease no we do not use sketchup cam. 

But the proofs in the pudding as they say and we fully guarantee our work to be within tolerance.

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 06 December 2015 at 5:48am
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 7:29am
Can you confirm you received my drawings, let me know if you want stp or another format

Thanks,

Dupe...
Dupe...
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2015 at 7:56am
Originally posted by DJ-Dulux DJ-Dulux wrote:

Can you confirm you received my drawings, let me know if you want stp or another format

Thanks,

Dupe...

Morning dupe, can you please pm me with the email address used to send the file to confirm.

Thanks
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2015 at 3:46pm
This offer has now expired, Thank you for all of the interest, For anyone who hasnt yet recieved thier quotation, we appreciate your patience and we are working on getting it to you. 

Thanks Again.

Southwest CNC
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2016 at 2:47pm
Here are some images of 4 mini scoops that were built for an sp user under this offer:

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 10 March 2016 at 2:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456