Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Show Off Your Sound System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new build, almost finished

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by johnEcash johnEcash wrote:

aah i got you

w bins
Cut-off lower: 38hz / 24 db
upper: 140hz/24 db

tops:
upper: 20khz /24db
lower: 140hz/24db

the music we will be playing is tekno, acid, hardcore, tribe.
we want to start some free party raves over here :p

Sounds good.

It will probably fit that style of music well!

Have you tested the wbins  yet?
johnEcash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnEcash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 12:18pm
checked a bit further and the dimensions listed above are the same as ours (not 100% sure about horn), we just left the back corners on our cabinet.
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by johnEcash johnEcash wrote:

How high are you going to run the wbin? I guess you chose it to avoid seperate kick bins?

probably like the last picture, me might build some extra kickbins in the future, but for now this is how we want to run it.

you think stacking 2 wbins like this would raise the 2nd one up too high? still learning what the best positioning is for these

I have no experience of these wbins, but I suppose a short front loaded horn like this should kick well enough (but yes, that's only a guess). On Dancetech a lower cutoof of 55 Hz was mentioned, so it would probably be lacking in the subbass department if anywhere. That would be a problem with roots and dub, but probably works fine with techno Big smile

If the stack is not high enough, you could rotate the upper wbin 90 degrees to get the midtop higher. Or maybe even rotate both wbins if you need to get a lot higher! Don't forget to use a ratchet strap though to fix the stack.....
johnEcash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnEcash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2015 at 12:34pm
thanks for the info man,

what we need now is a crossover + eq or a processor (and yes the rest of the paint needs to be done) and we are running.

amps are qsc gx5 for the top and gx7 for the bass cabs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12