Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stapiers cyclops 15"version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stapiers cyclops 15"version
    Posted: 31 December 2015 at 8:31am

Hi all.  compliments of the season

I have 4 Beyma 1501000fe drivers lying around and was thinking if there was a 15"version of the Cyclops available. I have heard the 18" version and liked the sound. I know the if there were a 15" version it would probably player higher which is fine with me.

Happy new year

Mike
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 11:37am
Whyt don't you keep the same design & it plays as deep?
If compression is too low make it less deep and loose a tiny bit of lowend
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 11:56am
Originally posted by bcs bcs wrote:

Hi all.  compliments of the season

I have 4 Beyma 1501000fe drivers lying around and was thinking if there was a 15"version of the Cyclops available. I have heard the 18" version and liked the sound. I know the if there were a 15" version it would probably player higher which is fine with me.

Happy new year

Mike

I believe Stipe wrote that the Eminence Kappalite 3015LF could be used in the standard Cyclops. It's the same box, so it won't play any higher.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
bcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 12:42pm
Do you think it will drop down to 40hz with decent sound?
tv00 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 1:34pm
Should go as deep in the same horn = same path length
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by tv00 tv00 wrote:

Should go as deep in the same horn = same path length

+1

Same response, but less max SPL.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
rhuet99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhuet99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2015 at 5:41pm
I built a pair driven with the Kappalite 3015lf.  Same box built from 12mm.  They take care of business.  No question.
rish View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 10:19am
Rhuet which design did you use out of interest. The cb18 or cbe 18?

Rish
rhuet99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhuet99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 2:15pm
Rish, I used the original plan. The "CB".  There was one modification having to do with the triangular "splitter" that faces the cone.  Sadly, I can't remember for certain what the mod was. I'm guessing I needed to make it a bit taller, due to the 12mm ply I used, to get it near enough to the baffle to direct the air movement to both halves of the hornpath. Hope this will help you. Good luck with your build!!
bcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 1:50pm
Thanks guys for the feedback , the cbe 18 does  look better. will the beyma 15p1000fe work in the cbe or am I better off with the cb18 for this driver?
Mike 
 Post Reply Post Reply