Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Feedback Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Line-X

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liteworks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 7:40pm
If you go for Line-X deffinatly go for the slightly more rubbery consistancy (and slightly thicker), really can't go wrong with that if you can stump up the initial cost!

Chris's singles 18's still look quite good after a few years use(far better than paint), but year old Stasys X v2's, quite franly look appauling in comparison (chips and more so, scuffs on the surfaces.. on a big heavy box like the Stasys X, they will get bumped and scrapped..).   Obviously when it's harder to 'touch up' it's realy noticible.. you can't just throw a lick of paint on....

Void (Stasys X v2's), as well as Turbosound (TMW115's) and JBL (MRX512m's) (from my experiance, having in stock for several years) seem to use a LOT harder consistancy for there line-x (or line-X esq finnishes), gives a better 'new' look, but both chip and scuff's far to easilly.  The more rubbery consistancy shrugs off scrapes and scratches far better as well as not chipping any where near as easilly, while may not give quite such a good 'new' feel... but how long do these things stayy 'new'?

-m
www.Lite-Works.co.uk

My Kettle is 2000w! why isn't it very loud??
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 8:02pm
Chris, how much they charged you per box to paint them?
I am trying to figure out how much more expensive actually is over the Warnex. Considering a purchase of a small PU paint system and still having trouble figuring out how much will that affect the products end cost.
Some will love it, some will hate the price increase so have to thread carefully.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 9:30pm
the price increase over warnex should be fairly modest in terms of a percentage of the purchase cost of any pro spec rig.

single 18 sub would run at around £80 net with the cab fully prepped for spraying. The rig is expensive, however, so off course that has to be worked into the costing, particularly if your run volume is fairly low.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
wires View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wires Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 10:05pm
liteworks - That makes a lot on sense now as all the stuff i've seen must have been the harder stuff and put me off. Might have to revisit the idea now, cheers for all the info!

Edited by wires - 30 January 2016 at 10:06pm
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2016 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

the price increase over warnex should be fairly modest in terms of a percentage of the purchase cost of any pro spec rig.

single 18 sub would run at around £80 net with the cab fully prepped for spraying. The rig is expensive, however, so off course that has to be worked into the costing, particularly if your run volume is fairly low.

Our volume for now is modest. Average is about 200 boxes per year. Cost of the rig aside i am more interested of whats the paint consumption and stuff like that and seems to be very hard to find any first hand info about it.
Also the rig is quite thirsty in terms of power consumption. Its like 10KW or so.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Phil B View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2016 at 6:57am
One thing that can help with weight is to maybe build boxes with a thinner ply? At BRP there was discussion a few years ago about building a newer run of flight cases ( no speakers) out of 15mm with 3 mm Line-X . I moved overseas so don`t know if that happened? This is still way stronger and durable than 18mm ply with standard paint finish and about the same weight.

.p.

Mostly harmless.... except if catering is shut.

Solar Sound System Shennanigans..http://diyhifi.biz/
djhrh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhrh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2019 at 5:38am
just wondering if you could five me a bit more info regarding the rubbery grade you speak of.. the grades are 100, 350 etc and the place near us only does 350 is that the correct grade?
Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12