Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

12v mini reggae/dub soundsystem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kjoben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12v mini reggae/dub soundsystem
    Posted: 07 February 2016 at 5:22pm
Hi,
I'm new here, i'm french so sorry for my bad english :s !
I have some questions about 12v soundsystems !
I already check this forum but there is lot of topics and i'm lost !
So,i'm an casual in soundsystem but i love soundsystem and reggae/dub and i would like to create my own one !
I would like to have advice on how to build it and wich stuff buy!
How much does it cost to make a 12v soundsystem for 20+ people ( max 50 ) ? is it possible to make it for 500Euros max ?
Wich type of subwoofer and size ( 6",8" or more ?)
If you have some plans? i checked some like mtl46 but i'm casual and i have no idea of what is good or not so if you have good plans for the subs and mid top ?
I just want to create my own to plays some vinyls just some thing with smooth bass and nice mid and high !
Thank you, thank you, thank you !
heartily from France !
Kjoben
laricot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laricot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 2:18pm
HiSmile
I'm also french so I don't have a proper english ^^

First for how long do you want to play, because the main problem is when you use batteries you have to be super efficient to maximise the play time.

I have made a little system for reggae dub and for 20 people so it can give you an exemple of what you can done( but it is not best exemple i have to improve)

the bass are 2 8" (http://www.monacor.de/en/products/speaker-technology/pa-bass-speakers/8/spa-8pa/ ) in bass reflex box
the mid are 2 fullrange hifi speaker
and the top are 2 6" mid speaker and 2 tweeter

for amplification i use 1 amp 2*30w for mid/top
and 1 amp 2*150wfor bass
but i advise you to use some car amplifier with integred filter
Kjoben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kjoben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 5:57pm
Hi,
Thank you !
I want to use for 1h or 2h maybe at the begining if possible ( maybe i will try to use solar energy to charge the battery or switch beetwen battery !)
I will check all this stuff !
( si j'ai des questions j'esseyarais de te contacter en pv si ça te dérange pas ;) )
Kjoben
Sapro2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2016 at 8:41am
Have a good read through this section of the forum and you will find everything you need.
For 12V efficiency is the key: use the most efficient speakers you can be bothered to transport.
+1 for solar charging. I charge my batteries on solar, solar panels are cheap nowadays, just make sure you get a charge controller (preferably MPPT also cheap on ebay).

Good luck!

Splat Soundsystem
Baby Sham pram Soundsystem
Sapro - SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sapro
DJ Sapro. West country free party DJ and Producer.
Kjoben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kjoben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 4:06pm
Hi,
thank you for you answer !
I checked the forum and i think i will try to create first a boominator and maybe after if it's nice maybe add some cubo 15" or 12" and Horn.
I would like to know if a boominator first is adapted for reggae/dub songs ?
Thank you !
Kjoben
Sapro2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2016 at 4:14pm
A boominator will work really well. They are one of the best (if not the) best DIY design for 12V.
The subs should help with that reggae rumble nicely!

You are looking in the right direction.

Smile

Edited by Sapro2 - 11 February 2016 at 4:19pm
Splat Soundsystem
Baby Sham pram Soundsystem
Sapro - SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sapro
DJ Sapro. West country free party DJ and Producer.
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2016 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Sapro2 Sapro2 wrote:

A boominator will work really well. They are one of the best (if not the) best DIY design for 12V.
The subs should help with that reggae rumble nicely!

You are looking in the right direction.

Smile

Has anyone used a boominator with a mic introduced to the situation ? Would have thought it might have feedback problems ...
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
 Post Reply Post Reply