Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Haze Fluid - Manufacturer or not?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2016 at 12:34am
How seriously do we take MSDS sheets? I only ask as there is a Acme fluid that matches the Jem sheet 100% only formatted differently and in different order.

Also while I got you lot here, anyone used or seen the Stairville HZ200? They claim its a proper haze machine for £150. 
bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2016 at 5:32am
Yes Jimmer most of the smoke fluid here is made with Ethylene Glycol ( brake fluid ) because it's cheap and available, there is no safety here anything goes in one of the most corrupt countries in the world, you could complain to the health dept but they will laugh at you, just like our president. I attended a rave a few years ago where they where throwing handfuls of ammonia chloride onto a plate to make a lovely haze they did not care that they where exposing people to toxic fumes , here profit comes first, lives are cheap.
That is why we have the highest murder rate in the world.

kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2016 at 10:05am
The OP has his location as London

I agree with cheap machines causing hardware failures of other equipment. I can always tell if an amp or light effect has come from a venue that uses a cheap machine or fluid. The cheap machines or cheap fluid comes out like steam and soon disappears. If you get decent fluid in a decent machine it tends to 'hang' in the air like it should and is usually taken away by the venue's extractor fans.

For years I serviced equipment in a particular venue that had Jem technofogs used heavily. No problems with smoke residue in anything until a local dealer swapped the technofogs for some cheap chinese machines. After that the problems just came one after the other. Very annoying to reach up to clean a moving head and find it filled with fluid dripping on you. Amps going bang and full of fluid. Dripping walls. Absolutely awful.
Kevin

North Staffordshire

bruce@bluff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bruce@bluff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2016 at 5:22am
Yep, not too sure which is worse gunge from poor smoke fluid or from cigarette smoke there is a no smoking policy here in clubs but like everything else it's not enforced. So here when you open a moving head or any other light it will a combination over poor smoke fluid gunge ( usually toxic ) and nicotine stains Dead    
Mikkel View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikkel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2016 at 8:53am
Sorry for the hijack but out of interest; what is peoples opinion on the Kam KHM600?

I bought it under the impression from reviews online that it was half decent, though they can be misleading at times. I am using it with the proper kam fluid.
SamV View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2016 at 10:22am
If I was in the market for new at that budget I'd most likely go with the Thomann model which is £150
Jimmer View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2016 at 12:03pm
I use the techno haze with the correct fluid, great results and the fluid lasts well. Worth using the proper stuff.
Light travels faster than sound....That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12