Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xone:62 Output fault! Can anybody help?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electricalspectical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 3:05pm
I can't figure out how to access my private messages! can anyone help?
service dept Steve View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 3:18pm
You need to have 10 points before you get access. If I were you and I was trying to reach another user I would LOOK ON THEIR WEBSITE for their email address.....
We are not "They", We are "The others"http://www.servicedept.co.uk -
electricalspectical View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electricalspectical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 4:55pm
Ok thanks for the help, Old Croc. 
I had a look at the ribbon connections, one was loose so reconnected it, and I once again have audio out the right channels. what links the left and right audio channels? Is it possible i could have just damaged the connections on the left output sockets by using a faulty adaptor? I can faintly hear audio when played only through the left output (definitely a signal coming through!).

Its really unusual.. the LEDs only light up in the top right corner of the mixer for the right channel. no lights for the left and pre-fade they only light up the left channels.

Does anybody have any experience with this or a similar issue?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 5:31pm
Take a MONO jack with a signal on it (not a stereo one) and plug it into Channel one, Line L/M. Select line on the channel one and check if you get a one sided signal on your output meters with the fader up. The line 1 l/m input is a mono input that will feed the same signal to both sides.
Is the signal normal both sides, one sided or is it low both sides?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electricalspectical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 6:15pm
Old Croc,

I followed your steps .... they have lead to a very interesting result.

The mono signal only played through channel 6? and strangely enough only with a PHONO connections and only on the phono (line/phono) setting. I played a song from my phone to the mixer and could only marginally hear the output through speaker (output mono connection tried from the right aux out/booth/record out output channel) when plugged into channel 6 and switched to "line". All the other channels appear to be dead.

Channel one doesn't accept audio inputs and doesn't look like its doing anything. When I press "eq", it makes a popping sound. The filters also did nothing. 

That being said both channel did light up in the top right corner of the mixer when i plugged the phone connection in.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote service dept Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 6:35pm
old croc refers to how many points you have, Welcome to the forum.

Steve.

The signal, on a quarter jack into channel ONE L/M, will give you your test result. If you are only getting a pop then you have a faulty mixer which will be out of your scope I'm afraid.

A signal from an iphone straight into a phono stage should have produced an incredibly loud and distorted signal with the meters going to the top.

It may be that when you connected it all back up after your first lot of tests that the ribbon connectors are in the wrong way round. Have a look on the circuit board and you should see a pair of burnt out resistors on each board.

Sorry to bring bad news but you are going to need to send it somewhere.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote electricalspectical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2016 at 6:45pm
Haha I just realised. Thanks very much for your time and patience, Steve.

Your right about the phone input. I had to turn it all the way down due to the phones internal amplifiers Ive located to burnt resistors on channel one input (right near the ribbon) i think this one was the loose connection, and some minor damage to the L/M switch of said channel. I hope I can get it sorted.

Thanks again,
Sam (New Member)

AM55 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AM55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2016 at 10:25am
Originally posted by service dept Steve service dept Steve wrote:

One of the very few common problems is that the connector between the circuit board with the master level control etc on it and the rest of the mixer can oxidise and may just want a spot of cleaner and a bit of agitation once every few years, there are also 5 ferrules on the other end of that cable that sometimes (once or twice ever) get dry joints on them and may need a bit of solder luvin'
I hope this helps

It seems one of the ferrules had a dry joint so I gave it a bit of solder luvin', hopefully it will sort it out. I notice these pads are smaller on this board than all the rest.

JR.junior View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR.junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2016 at 10:46am
shorted JRC..
Support the scoop technology, larger mouth plays louder!
Muckerbarnes1 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muckerbarnes1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 5:10pm
Yet another Xone 62 on the bench with the same intermittent L or R ch dropping on main out. Pressing or tapping the front panel on RH side makes it go on and off.

Once the front panel is removed, often the fault is gone. Again I found it with a soft brush and a gentle touch.

This time it was the ferrules. Most likely a crap crimp or oxidisation. 

That's the 3rd this year. I also have had the plug/socket on the main gain pcb oxidised. Cleaned this too. 
Billy Dawg.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12