Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New outdoor speaker - Soundboks by saturnus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2017 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by monop0d monop0d wrote:

Hey guys,

Just wanted to hear how you've been using your SOUNDBOKS the 9 months? I greatly appreciated all your feedback back in August, and would love to include you more in our feedback.

We're currently, among other projects, working on releasing a new add-on for the SOUNDBOKS this summer. The device will allow you to connect multiple SOUNDBOKS' (still wired though), and hook them up to DJ mixers (RCA, 6.3mm, XLR, 3.5mm), instruments and mics. Essentially its' a small battery powered active splitter and converter. I'm really looking forward to disclose more information on this, however I'll be sure to keep you posted!

We got a lot of interesting things in the pipeline for this Summer Smile

seems like the soundboks 2 is due to be announced. will the original backers of the soundboks project be offered a reduced buy cost for this new model?
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2017 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by freddymendez freddymendez wrote:

seems like the soundboks 2 is due to be announced. will the original backers of the soundboks project be offered a reduced buy cost for this new model?

From what i have seen, there will be a discount for original backers :)

Edited by Ganon - 13 July 2017 at 2:52pm
monop0d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monop0d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2017 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by niallshuffle niallshuffle wrote:

Originally posted by DavidP DavidP wrote:

Will spares be available? Was thinking about adding a few of these to hire stock.

Hi Folks,

Newbie here, but not such a n00b that I don't know where to look for the right information, it appears! This may appear a little bit of a cheeky post, I must admit ... but is anyone (Perhaps you David?) hiring these units in UK?

I am a complete fan of 'The Coffin Camp' from when I first seen and met the owners at Roskilde Festival in 2009 with their Coffin sound system, which I fell in love with. That year we came back and brought a cinema sound system with truck battery & inverter to a festival in Ireland called oxegen, where we were hailed as heroes. (poor man's 12v system - I'm sorry!)

Anyway, here's the deal - I am going to a festival in Belgium in 3 weeks time called Tomorrowland. We go every year. My friends and I (decent bunch of partying Irish Lads) are discussing buying a speaker system and we have been looking at the Soundboks. Unfortunately, whilst I completely appreciate that the cost of the unit is lower than other similar quality & sounding units, it is a good bit out of our budget, so we are looking at cheap and cheerful alternatives, which to be truthful is absolutely breaking my heart. I am, at the moment, between a KAM RZ10A and an ion Party or Block Rocker, so you can imagine my pain..

I would be very interested in hiring a Soundboks for the weekend (20th July - 24th July) and would be willing to do anything to get my hands on one, including being a promotional pimp for the weekend @Saturnus & @monop0d, video blog etc included, if you lovely people of Soundboks may see the value in it to promote and sell more units.. The speaker will not be left unattended throughout the weekend, so don't be concerned about that.

If anyone perhaps would be willing to hire me a unit for the weekend, or want to contact me with details, please don't hesitate to drop me a mail and hopefully we can take it from there..

Thanks for your time folks!

Cheers,

Niall

Hey Niall,

Of course we'd love to send and have every one of our potential customers to try an test the SOUNDBOKS, however we sadly do not have such resourses. If you're interested in doing a more long-term partnership, please hit me up on a PM. 

While we ourselves do not rent out SOUNDBOKS, there's a few companies who do. I'm pretty sure the Danish company www.lydudlejning.net rents out one for 500 DKK a day. They have a German sister company called www.tonverleih.net. There's an option to ship it to the customer as well.

Originally posted by Ganon Ganon wrote:

Originally posted by freddymendez freddymendez wrote:

From what i have seen, there will be a discount for original backers :)

Yes, there will be a limited discount but you'll have to be quick on the trigger. You'll be notified on email very soon.

Originally posted by Ganon Ganon wrote:

What about the Bluetooth stereo connection the Minirig and B&O are using, wouldn't that be a cool thing to use for two wireless setup? :)

We've looked into the options that Bluetooth offers, however we're not quite satisfied with what we've seen so far. We're looking into technologies that will give us a lot more options in terms of controlling and connection units, number of units, range, resistance to interference, latency etc.. The technology that's currently in our scope supports 63 nodes in star or point-to-point network with a 100 meter range, opening up for some pretty cool setups. However that's all something a bit further down the pipeline.

Edited by monop0d - 24 July 2017 at 1:22pm
SOUNDBOKS representative and dedicated to Roskilde Festival, 12V systems and aesthetics
Eiser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eiser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 9:13am
SB2 looks rad!

How come you went from two to one tweeter? Does it play mono...?

mobiele eenheid View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobiele eenheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 9:56am
The tweeter needed wider dispersion.
niallshuffle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallshuffle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 10:11am
@monop0d - thanks for the response! Good to know about the rental options for future!

Soundboks2 looks absolutely incredible! Going to try and save up for one :)

Thanks!
monop0d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monop0d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2017 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Eiser Eiser wrote:

SB2 looks rad!

How come you went from two to one tweeter? Does it play mono...?

Mainly to avoid interference to get a better response. Yes, it does play mono, however the woofers play stereo. From an acoustic point of view having them play mono would be ideal, however for QC purposes, it's a lot more easy to check that everything plays as it should before sending it to the customer, if the woofers are in stereo. By this we can check that they sound correct and that they are in phase.

Originally posted by mobiele eenheid mobiele eenheid wrote:

The tweeter needed wider dispersion. 

We tested many different designs and models, however we were very pleased with the dispersion on this one. Having the magnet as close as possible to the baffle was also a priority since it wouldn't be able to gain the same momentum and therefore break off. 

Originally posted by niallshuffle niallshuffle wrote:

@monop0d - thanks for the response! Good to know about the rental options for future! 

Soundboks2 looks absolutely incredible! Going to try and save up for one :)

Thanks!

I can say on behalf of the whole Product Dev. team that we're really proud of the SOUNDBOKS 2. Our upstairs neighbours however are not always that happy Wink Going from 60 Hz to 40 Hz really changes things up
SOUNDBOKS representative and dedicated to Roskilde Festival, 12V systems and aesthetics
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2017 at 8:03am
Did Anyone else notice that soundboks is now available at thomann?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678