Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Computer Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New laptop... ideas please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New laptop... ideas please
    Posted: 01 March 2016 at 10:29pm
Looking for a new laptop for mobile DJ work and looking for suggestions.

So far I've found a Lenovo B51-80, (An i5-6200 uP, 4Gb Ram, 500Gb Hybrid HD (8Gb Flash)) , all for £320 from Dabs... but I'll probably buy 16Gb of Ram to go in it. It comes with Win10 (64 bit) with down-grade to Win7 or 8.1. Not fussed on OS as the software will run on 7,8 or 10 and the laptop will only be used for DJing. It won't even get connected to the 'net!

So, anyone got any other ideas??? Max budget of £400... give or take a couple of quid. Oh yeh, new only please.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
ceharden View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceharden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2016 at 1:13am
I don't know the exact model but in general Lenovo (IBM) stuff is pretty good.

When it comes to laptops, the big thing you'll pay the premium for is the screen so make sure the size and resolution is suitable for what you're going to be using it for.
all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2016 at 7:08am
Lenovo(former IBM) are generally reliable and solid. It's been our company laptop brand for years, until we switched to HP recently. The Lenovo was superior in almost every way in my honest opinion.

Never downgrade to 8.1 Dead, Windows 7 or 10 will be fine!
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2016 at 8:23am
we use lenovo t500's solid and reliable still goin strong and done many gigs Smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
shagnasty View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shagnasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2016 at 6:47pm
I have 2 Lenovo X1 carbon on my desk at the min for a client, I have to say very impressed, not quite Apple build quality but nearly there...

Not had much to do with Lenovo but would def buy again if budget didn't stretch to Apple, for Dj use i would find the cash to go to a Full SSD solution as they are so much more robust than spindle drives...
djeddie View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djeddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2016 at 6:52pm
Thank you peeps, think I'll be ordering over the weekend.
Chas n Dave : it's like Drum and Bass but with beards.             E=mc² ±3dB
 Post Reply Post Reply