Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexo PS15 Crossover issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexo PS15 Crossover issues
    Posted: 13 March 2016 at 1:31pm
Hi there , 

Ive recently got hold of a pair of PS15 , one plays as it should the other emits distortion at anything but the lowest of levels . Ive swapped the drivers about and they are fine so its deffo the crossover . 

Anyone ever had any experience with this kind of problem on the PS15 ? 

Thanks for any pointers..
Marios View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marios Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2016 at 11:39pm
Sounds like a faulty crossover. I took mine to Kevin and its been repaired. Nothing too pricey either. 

MGS Productions
Andy Kos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Kos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2016 at 12:46am
I would hazard a guess there is either a dodgy joint or a faulty capacitor on there. If its a faulty capacitor they are easy enough to replace.
just a guy with a warehouse and a few speakers... www.bluearan.co.uk
BradRWills View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradRWills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 2:25am
Can someone let me know who Kevin is (mentioned above) .

My PS15 crossover appears to have a fault that I've been working around tonight. It'll still put out a fair whack, but distorts at a lower volume than expected. I'd like to get the crossover looked at and fixed up.
Please check out my covers band! HERE!

And my live sound blog too! HERE!

cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 4:43am
kevin is (probably) the user kedwardsleisure on here. well known repairman.
Djdarch View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djdarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 12:14pm
I took the crossover out and inspected carefully , was a dodgy solder joint , quiet hard to spot but once i reflowed it all was well. 

BradRWills View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradRWills Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2016 at 8:34am
Thanks chaps - I've had a look - a fair amount of oxidisation on the PCB but I'll try reflowing some joints and see if that sorts it - the 10a fuse was blown as well but changing this didn't completely clear the issue (although it did make quite a big difference)
Please check out my covers band! HERE!

And my live sound blog too! HERE!

Post Reply Post Reply