Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Golden oldies
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FANE loudspeaker enclosure design and construction
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FANE loudspeaker enclosure design and construction

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2023 at 8:10pm
FANE Book is A+.
Aman Gebru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman Gebru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2023 at 2:34pm
The funny thing with the Fane book, is that the cab with the most output at 50Hz is the 2 x 15" reflex section on the full range modular cab. Has 10dB more output than any of the horns at 50Hz, and plays the lowest out of everything.

How times have moved on with everyone using reflex these days lol.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2023 at 4:01pm
Back then, 60-80Hz was more important than 40-50Hz in big rock systems, and thats where a big pile of horns would win, particularly if you only had dc300’s or if you were posh maybe BGW’s to drive the rig 
But i agree, in today’s world reflex is the way to go.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2023 at 9:02pm
Well... If I should do a complete low end section today, just for fun and nothing else, it would be 12 TT1000 from Danish Storm Sound. Loaded with the trusty Fane 18B600. 6 each side could eat 1500 people going crazy.
Similar to a ES18BPH, but better sounding. 

They can't match the same amount of drivers in BR when it comes to low end extension, but the amount of energy they produce is just so intense LOL
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2023 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by APC321 APC321 wrote:

Thanks for the link to the Fane book.

Brings back some memories, as used this book for my first builds many years ago.

Lots of good info in there as well.

Yes the same. Angled 2 X 12 was mine. The ozvalveamps website mentioned in the thread (still has the fane book for download) was also a blast from the play, how the websites used to look LOL
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2023 at 12:26pm
The system pictured on the front cover was built and went out to the USA as a demo system, it was at back at the factory when I went to visit. Steve Hewlett mentioned he had been asked about producing second book of designs. Sadly nothing came of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123