Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

4 channel 12v amp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 4 channel 12v amp
    Posted: 26 May 2016 at 7:55pm
Hi all, i'm looking to put together a 4 channel amplifier x-over/dsp and eq in one unit, i have been using a car amp with built in filters but it's very limited, any pointers or help would be greatly received. :)
Ganon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ganon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 8:46am
The closest thing i know of with all the options, is bassface.
studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 1:38pm
Sure Electronics sell great amp boards and power supplies, there are at least 3 different 4-channel boards available, the 500 watt supply will power any of them, as long as you're not driving 2 ohms at full pelt. Or there are other manufacturers on eBay. I think Sure always make the best-looking boards though, and I've only ever had one fail, which was quickly replaced. I know some crews went through a lot of the power supplies, but that was more due to over-enthusiasm than any deficiency in the product ;)

For DSP there is the FreeDSP or MiniDSP. FreeDSP does more. But there are some hurdles to overcome in using it (surface-mount soldering, having a PC that will talk to it) so I haven't managed to get it to work yet. MiniDSP is more user-friendly out of the box.
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 8:58pm
Cheers guys, looked at the bassface, seems like an option, the Sure boards do look very good and the price is ok, i will order one and see how we get on, :)

Sapro2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapro2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 9:11am
Originally posted by Ganon Ganon wrote:

The closest thing i know of with all the options, is bassface.

I bought a Bassface amp recently. It has lasted about 2 months and I haven't even used it in anger yet. One of the allen key connectors has become U/S and another channel seems to have bitten the dust. I really wanted to like it but I couldn't reccommend it
Splat Soundsystem
Baby Sham pram Soundsystem
Sapro - SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/sapro
DJ Sapro. West country free party DJ and Producer.
 Post Reply Post Reply