Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First project : Sound system outdoor 200 pers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pontisex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First project : Sound system outdoor 200 pers
    Posted: 29 May 2016 at 4:21pm
Hey fellows Smile

I'm starting a project that aims to build an outdoor sound system. 
I would like to be able to provide clear sound for roughly 100-200 pers. 
The music would be mainly trance, techno. 

I've been reading lot of forums, tutorial, threads and it appears that speakerplans.com has a nice community, reactive with people who have a real knowledge about acoustic Clap

I will expose first what caracteristics I choose and why, followed by the some questions : 

Speakers :
The set up would be split into 2 columns, each columns (or stack) would get :

- 4 MHB 4818 : Pretty easy to build, frequency answer is good and very linear from 50HZ to 100HZ so would be perfect for the kick. Limit would be 50HZ range (cut before50-55Hz and over 100HZ)
Speakers would be RCF LF18G401, good price, Xmax decent and adapted to the MHB 4818.

- Medium/Top : I'm still hesitating about this, was thinking to go for a 2 MT130 per column... I read on a forum that 1 MT130 for 2 or 3 MHB 4818 was enough ? 
Problem is I would have to limit the MHB to +/- 150Hz, requiring more efforts from the amp, so less punch ? 
Maybe a solution would be to get a medium and a top ?

Amplification part : 
T Amp proline 3000 seems to be the choice done by most of us, not to expensive and able to send 2x1500W (4Ohm). 
If my calculs are right, with 1 amp for 2 MHB, each of them would receive 700-750W. Regarding speakers which are 900W AES, it's a bit low but it's safe like that, W program of a RCF LF18G401 is 1800W so even if the amp is saturated, speakers wont get destroyed, is that right ? 

Annoying thing : I would have to buy 4 amps to power all the MHB... Is there any good alternative to this ? I read it was not that good to do 2 ohms set up except for some high quality and dedicated speakers, is that true and why ? 

One or 2 extra amps would be needed to power mid and top, since I didnt choose them yet, I didnt check for an amp.

Some questions : 
Is this kind of setup enough for 100-200 pers outdoor event ? 
How would you rate sound spreading with these MHB4818 ? 
Any safe set up that could avoid getting 4 amp ? 
Is the kind of speakers adapted to the kind of music I want to broadcast ?
What did I miss ? What additionnal questions should I ask ?

I know I didnt talk about money in the thread, global budget would be 10K roughly. 
8 RCF + 4 amp + 19mm marine plywood, 5k. Lot of accessories to buy to set the delay, wires etc.. 6-7k globally ?

Thanks to all the people who will take the time to read this and answer it, sorry for my engrish, I'm not english native... Wink

Regards
Ponti
Edit : I think this section is more appropriate for my thread :^)

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2016 at 5:34pm
A bit overkill for 200 peps
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
 Post Reply Post Reply