Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dodgy EQ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 8:30pm
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 8:31pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 8:34pm
Ok, took it apart again, removed everything, reassembled, working perfectly on both channels, did some eq settings and perfect, no hum no colour, then i moved it and the hum is back.
fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 8:35pm
Check where the cables join the connector's especially the ribbon cable, if they are multi strand not solid core then that can cause problems as it does in the berry dcx.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 9:25pm
All been off and sprayed and cleaned, will test every one with the meter now. cheers.
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 11:19pm
Possibly dry joints?
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 11:38pm
Sounds like a grounding problem to me. 
We need more SPL!
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2016 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Dutchman Dutchman wrote:

Sounds like a grounding problem to me. 

That's what i'm starting to think, will go through it all again tomorrow Smile 
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2016 at 11:36am
Most probably nothing to do with your hum problem, but +/-19V supply may be on the margins for the opamps. Maybe check the maximum supply rails for the ic´s you have in there. They might need a couple of volts trimming off that.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Dutchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dutchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2016 at 12:05pm
Especially, when you touch it and it goes away it means it has something to do with leaking electricity.
I would say disconnect the ground in the plug it self but this is quite dangerous.
Altough here in Belgium this doesn't matter because we have 30mA and 300mA differentials.
Measure somewhere on the board and on the case itself. You can also ground the chassis better.

Hope I helped!
We need more SPL!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12