Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Buying and Selling > Wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Void Inifinite 8 v2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartan Audio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2016 at 6:18pm
I have K20dsp / Bias V9 available. Dave@spartanaudio.co.uk
http://www.spartanaudio.co.uk
Ras Loud View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ras Loud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2016 at 3:41am
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2016 at 8:57am
what about a matrix mf10000?
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2016 at 9:38am
not in the same league as the K20 / V9, not even close. 8V2 would beat it on bass duty too.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2016 at 6:06pm
Just swapped out a faulty MF7000 for an Inf 8v2 temporarily for a client. Power ratings for both amps are identical but the staff physically jumped back when I fired it up with the heavyweight amp. I did also show them a V9 on the same stack and they were even more impressed...

Probably got a full rack of Matrix for sale soon if anybody wants it
Sinai Sound View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sinai Sound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2016 at 8:28pm
I managed to pick up a K20 for pretty much what I sold both my inf 8v2s for 

The K20 does a "better" job (subjective I know!) than both void amps

In 1/6th the space and taking up approx 1/8th the weight, whilst drawing less electric whilst doing so

I'd still recommend an inf 8v2 in a heartbeat for reasons that toasty just explained above

My friends used to use Matrix on their invaders, then borrowed an inf8 v2, never used the matrix again!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2016 at 9:21pm
Hahaha I saw that 7000mf and someone had written "shit" in the dust on it
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 7:27am
well thats answered my question then LOL
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 7:34am
so would i be better keeping 2 dynacord l2400's to run 2 scoops per amp in 4 ohm bridge or a matrix 10k for 2 a side? what are the pros & cons,.& i know headroom is my freind as the dynacords dont have much if any but am i going see heaps more differance in bass duty?..Ermm
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 9:32am
speaking to people i know who run Matrix on heavy duty bass and sub duty seems to be reliability and consistency. Putting sound quality and power to one side this must be a major concern. There are plenty of very reliable amp options these days that sound good and offer very high power, so no one should have to put up with amps failing.

personally i would stick with your dynacords. they are well known to offer good sound quality and power, and providing bias is well trimmed and the innards are reasonably clean are proven and reliable designs.

the real answer for me is the K20 / Bias V9 however...
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
BASSHORSE View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BASSHORSE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2016 at 1:51pm
Thumbs Up Thanks for clearing that up for me csg Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12