Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Plans for RCF dual 18"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 5:35pm
In the menu where it says 'Driver', 'Box', 'Plot', 'Project' I selected the 'Plot' tab and input 3600 into the 'Power' box.
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 5:40pm
Signal
djteknovibe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 5:51pm
Here's a screenshotI edited to be able to show you multiple settings in the tabs in WinISD including the frequency graph.

http://postimg.org/image/x6dld511d/

Edited by djteknovibe - 28 June 2016 at 5:53pm
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 6:29pm
.16 mark is 53m/s
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 6:29pm
Are you using WINisd pro ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 6:33pm
No i'm using WinISD Beta, I tried the pro one but couldn't understand how to use it, it was kind of overwhelming.

SN95, ah ok mate.
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 7:57pm

Originally posted by djteknovibe djteknovibe wrote:

I can't look at that DIY forum i'm not a member and all I get is a log in page come up. 

So what you're telling us is that you’re willing to post here 45 times over the last week, and spend most of £1200 on drivers (never mind the cabs to put them in) but not take the couple of minutes to sign up over there?

Comments like this, and your recent one about not knowing any cab builders, can easily be interpreted as you not putting in much effort - and you'll always get more people willing to help you if you show that you are in fact willing to put in the effort.

Quote Thanks for the help with the G Sub design, the port velocity is extremely high isn't it've been reading about port velocity and i've read anything above 0.10 causes port noise.

Yup, that’s why SN95’s version has a bigger port than the original G-Sub (983.5cm2 vs 556.8 cm2) – putting drivers this powerful in the original would indeed push the airspeed too high. If SN95’s proposed vent size gets you to 23ms-1 (≈ M 0.07), I wouldn’t worry too much.

(Just in case there’s still any confusion, “Vent Mach” in WinISD Beta is telling you what proportion of the speed of sound (343ms-1, give or take for variance in atmospheric pressure & temperature etc) you have; so Mach 0.1 is an airspeed of about 34ms-1.)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djteknovibe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 8:12pm
Ok if you think i'm not bothered to put in any effort then what's the point, i'm trying the best I can to understand WinISD and I wasn't a member of that site and didn't have time at the time to join. I've got two kids to take care of and post a quick reply when I can. But ok if you think i'm wasting my time then forget it bye
Teunos View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teunos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 8:54pm
You do understand that in a forum everybody is equal to share information and discuss?
Everybody on here is sharing because they like to share.
Me typing this is offering op some time just because i feel like sharing.
That goes the same for everybody else on this topic, even when you might not like what they have to say.

So ignore what you do not what to hear and focus on what you think is important. We can all simply choose not to reply, and you wont get any further. Instead we already shared a lot of information here, and links to where more information can be found. What you do with that is up to you.

If i set up a thread asking a question or some topic i would like some feedback on, and i get this ratio of reads/replies i would be a happy camper.

Edited by Teunos - 28 June 2016 at 8:55pm
Best regards,
Teun.
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 9:36pm

Ok if you think i'm not bothered to put in any effort then what's the point, i'm trying the best I can to understand WinISD and I wasn't a member of that site and didn't have time at the time to join. I've got two kids to take care of and post a quick reply when I can. But ok if you think i'm wasting my time then forget it bye

OK, lets get this straight, nobody's going to criticize you for putting family first, that's completely commendable - but if that's the real reason you couldn't check the link, then there was no point putting a completely different reason in your post. Hell, if you were tight for time, you didn't really need to mention it at all - just file the link away to catch up with later and move on. No one here will be offended if you don't acknowledge every suggestion immediately.

Also, the point of mentioning it was to point out a way of you getting more out of being here - that shouldn't be any reason to leave.

cookie-dj View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookie-dj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by DMorison DMorison wrote:

OK, lets get this straight, nobody's going to criticize you for putting family first, that's completely commendable - but if that's the real reason you couldn't check the link, then there was no point putting a completely different reason in your post. Hell, if you were tight for time, you didn't really need to mention it at all - just file the link away to catch up with later and move on. No one here will be offended if you don't acknowledge every suggestion immediately.

Also, the point of mentioning it was to point out a way of you getting more out of being here - that shouldn't be any reason to leave.

+1

Also, having 3-4 different threads with the same outcome doesn't help- people with a wealth of experience are trying to help you in all threads but you choose not to take any advice... a lot of us have said spending £1200 on powerful horn drivers for reflex cabs isn't a great idea....hence why its taking you SO long to find a SIMPLE reflex cab for your requested driver. 

Hey its your money at the end of the day, looking at possibly 2k inc drivers and completed cab building. Hell of a lot of money for 2x homebrew 218's.
When you do come to completing the cabs, we will all still be here to drool over woodworking pics (we do love a good build thread here)

You can't polish a turd!
Sound Chippy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sound Chippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2016 at 11:48pm
Sorry this might not seem that constructive to the original question or possibly someones ego ..... I love tekno but your Vibe and approach is shit mate. I love this forum and for most the majoritity of the folk on here who offer their knowledge, of their own occurd to help people like you with years of experiance behind their words, sound advice acquired by investing not a couple lil google searches but a shit load of time, not to mention the financial outlays that have come with that wisdom, by making choices to the best of there ability in that moment, some wise or some not or stumbled on a bargain or like most of us can reflect back and cringe at some things we either built or purchased but fuk it we hopefully gained a greater understanding of how shit works in the process. Gaining an understanding of the mechanics of sound reproduction thru experiences.. invaluable. No ones be handed this info of their Mums tits but if you want to be breast fed or not go away and do some research regarding there advice ... or get so hung up on specs and manufacture waffle . In the diy spirit can I offer my humble advice I wanna help you and I am sure most will agree to achieve the result your after for your application while factoring in budget. I wish i had been told this first but go buy some quality water resistant mdf, can pick that up for a good price if ya hunt around .. grab a mate ...cheap saw .. a drill... screws ...a straight edge and probably some polyurethane glue as I find user friendly .. especially if there your first cabs.. easy to wipe off any excess and plenty of time on ya side ..forgiving on any inaccuracy with cuts as well. Then for cab coating get 2 kilo off beetroots .. cheap... cut into 1cm cubes bring to boil then simmer for 2hrs in 10 litres of water .. cool .. disregard beetroot cubes then add 4 ltr of pva glue or kraft glue ..cheap bro from local hardware. mix well ...makes 14 litres of prime cab coating for all weathers. Apply generously inside and outside of cab. Allow 24hrs btw coats which you will easily get 2-3 possibly more with that amount... No sanding either ...will be plenty those two subs. Now you have two very solid cabs that are purple. You will get more money on your hire outs this way.. trust me it works and looks pro, I have used it on and off for along as i can remember, never had a call back. Another great attribute to the properties of cab coating is this....go grab ya mate or mum and stand back in sweet spot as you would in testing and you will get this profound almost unexplainable yet most noticeable boost in db around the 35htz absolutely krazy ...trousers will be flapping due to that rock hard texture finish from that specific cab coating.. less friction .. more throw ...better penetration.. and one big grin from one ear to ear.... on you ..ya mate and ya mum :)
btw I don't think purple makes ya subs sound any different, some swear by it but this shit works ... plus purple cabs are sexy....You don't even need to use google now ..
i remember what it was like starting out n all.. overwhelming ... . Now go and build those cabs and enjoy ya tekno ....happy to help  ...pm for further advice ... build pics if ya can
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345