Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New system design...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmokeyJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New system design...
    Posted: 23 June 2016 at 11:40pm
Hello people, I posted a thread in the general forum regarding this... Heres a link! 

But basically, I want to build a new rig. A serious one this time! I may have to buy the bits as I go but at the moment I would just like some input with the box choices etc.

After loads of reading and researching on here, I have come up with a dream rig. It would be:

- Turbo Floodlight Mid/Tops
- Martin 215MK2 Kick/Low mid
- Scoops ? or maybe a FLH design of some type for sub.

Probably start with 4 subs, 2 kicks and 2 mid tops to make 2 stacks but aim to keep building boxes to expand the system. It would be nice to do festival tents/stages at some point in the future.

Theres a group of us so the plan is to build this and finely tune it to our taste and genre of music (Drum & Bass) like a proper (roots etc) sound system.

Dnb has long heavy basslines similar to dub/reggae/roots which is why I'm thinking scoops for the sub? Valve use them (RX18) I think.

Martin 215MK2 for the low mid as it can play higher than most due to straight-ish horn and Dnb kicks and snares are in the 90-220hz range. This is important stuff.

Turbosound Floodlights because they are praised on here and I wouldn't be able to build anything better!

I'm going to need to find someone who could build me some 215 copies and recommend a good driver to load them with?

Any input would be awesome!

Thanks, Joe.
P@Freak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P@Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2016 at 2:46pm
Use Martin 115 MK >> 3 << it is the better Horn ...

and under this you con run regular better modern deep tuned double 18" Bass Reflex.
Scoops under those great Mid-Horns makes no sense ...

Yin Yang P@Freak
 Post Reply Post Reply