Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CD settings help needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Explicit 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CD settings help needed
    Posted: 25 June 2016 at 5:46pm
I have Eminence PSD2002 comp x 2. I plan to connect them in parallel and power them with a old Peavey M2600 (its what i have available at the moment). The Peavey is rated as 1300w p/ch at 4ohm. Can anyone suggest settings for a Berry Ultradrive to protect them?

Specs of the PSD2002 are
80w
8 ohm
Sensitivity 106.1 db

Thanks

'Whether you believe you can or you can't your right' Im here to learn
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2016 at 11:43pm
The old M2600 only produces 130w/ch at 4ohms and 90w/ch at 8ohm so all you really need to do is keep the thing out of clipping, that may or may  not be enough power to do what you want. The newer Peavey 2600 produces a lot more power, 540w/ch at 8ohm so your limiter settings are going to be quite different, so which of these two beasts do you actually have?
Explicit 2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Explicit 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2016 at 11:58pm
Thanks Conanski I have had it for years so I am guessing it's the older one didn't realise there was two models with similar/shame model number I must have downloaded the wrong manual. I will check and confirm.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Explicit 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2016 at 10:18pm
Right same question

I have Eminence PSD2002 comp x 2. I plan to connect them in parallel and power them with a Crest CA4 which is rated as 400w p/ch at 4ohm. Can anyone suggest settings for a Berry Ultradrive to protect them?

Specs of the PSD2002 are
80w
8 ohm
Sensitivity 106.1 db

Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Explicit 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2016 at 9:29am
Anyone?

Limiting delay phasing etc is new to me I'm trying to get my head round it. I have/am reading old threads on Ultradrive and limiting but I would appreciate some help.

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply