Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

compact 12" bass bins with D.A.S P12

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: compact 12" bass bins with D.A.S P12
    Posted: 18 July 2016 at 10:41am
I have a pair of Das p12 drivers and want to build a pair of compact bins, I'm thinking reflex loaded cabinet volume of 55lit tuned to 48hz specs look ok 6mm xmax qts seems ok fs is 42hz. So is my method seem reasonable or am I million miles off? Any input would be much appreciated! Thankyou.
bassdesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 8:03pm
Anyone?
bee View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 10:17pm
buy some mdf, knock one up and have fun... if you get the desired results, build a well built good pair (birch ply ect...

your post seams ok, your need to work out porting ect...have you had a play with win isd...
https://www.elements-audio.com
bassdesigner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bassdesigner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2016 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

buy some mdf, knock one up and have fun... if you get the desired results, build a well built good pair (birch ply ect...

your post seams ok, your need to work out porting ect...have you had a play with win isd...

Thanks for the reply bee, yes have had a play with win Isd and there doesn't seem to be anything going on that sets any alarm bells ringing so going to knock a pair up and see how they perform.
 Post Reply Post Reply