Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Mid Bass Box for Super Scoops

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tv00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 3:10pm
I've been thinking about this ever so often as I also prefer straight kicks:-)
I have xtros & mach 15X2 straight kicks.

But there's a lack of good free plans for straight kicks online in a size usable for stacking, I find the coffin bin too deep & narrow
www.facebook.com/babysoundsystem
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2016 at 3:57pm
BPH can play into the low mids and sound good with the right type of driver, many drivers will honk but some wont ;)  It wont work with very high BL strong motor drivers, has to be weaker motor/ lighter cone, so wont be really high spl.   

Proper FLH is the best though, it can be folded if you minimize path length differences and keep the fold close to the throat,  martin f2b etc or similar is the way to go but if your looking for 80Hz+ then a 12" version would make more sense imo, still look for lighter cone smaller coil lower power drivers though if you want the best sound.  
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
SouthwestCNC View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 4:09pm
Anyone done a 12" version f2b? 

all bass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote all bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 4:28pm
MKB 230 has the same horn layout. Just not mirror images like the Martin.

Uses 2x12" drivers.
https://www.instagram.com/my_modular_journey/
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 4:37pm
Interesting. Thanks. This and the fb2 the drivers are quite tucked away making them a bph correct? on a google search i uncovered this image which appears to be an fb2 but more like a FLH?? Or still BPH?

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 26 August 2016 at 4:38pm
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2016 at 5:33pm
Def still a FLH that one,  i did a 2 x 12" with similar folding to Martin F2B.  

James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 10:06pm
i have a pair of unloaded doubles sat in my room atm if you want to try them out sometime at an event or something i can try find a way to bring them along and you can at least hae a listen before you build some, no drivers atm tho
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by SouthwestCNC SouthwestCNC wrote:

Found the selenium plans, Look to be a good recommendation frequency wise. being very long and narrow how would you stack these. two high on single scoop? Cheers
my last reply was meant to contain this quote but didnt so extra post for clarity

me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2016 at 10:50pm
if you need high efficiency use a straight FLH or something like F2B. If you don't need high efficiency and want wider bandwith just use 15"s in direct radiator boxes - use a clam-shell layout for ultra-low distortion.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2016 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Timebomb Timebomb wrote:

Def still a FLH that one,  i did a 2 x 12" with similar folding to Martin F2B.  

Going by what has been mentioned here these are sounding like the best option when used just for mid kick over scoops where a good level of voice reproduction, efficiency and throw? is required. They look great too Thumbs Up. Would you share the plans and driver spec for the 2x12? 

Thanks

Edited by SouthwestCNC - 29 August 2016 at 1:08pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SouthwestCNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2016 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Mark James Mark James wrote:

i have a pair of unloaded doubles sat in my room atm if you want to try them out sometime at an event or something i can try find a way to bring them along and you can at least hae a listen before you build some, no drivers atm tho

Very generous offer and if i knew what i was going to be listening for id definitely take you up on it. In this case my research is more for my clients, me being just the joiner, and really its going to simply come down the advise from the expertise here.  Thank you however. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123