Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - PQM 13 is louder at 1300w than UKP2100x at 2100w?!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PQM 13 is louder at 1300w than UKP2100x at 2100w?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlysays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by bee bee wrote:

@charlysays the only issue I can see with running the pqm13 on a 13amp plug off bad feeds is there may be a lack of input current. think of it as 1 input but 4 outputs vs a 2 channel amp 1 input 2 outputs. for sub use I would really want a 16 ceeform on it minimum... to get the best out of the amp... But glad your liking it.  again I ran all my kit all summer long off the sae amp and they never missed a beat...

It's a great amp. Can't fault it tbh.
I tend to use two channels at 8r flat out to run a couple of 18nlw9400s, one channel for tops at 4r (50% power) and one channel for bass (60-100hz but only at 50% power). Off a good 13a supply I can run it right up to 0db/ hit the limiters and it doesn't seem to have issues.
When running off 13a plugs I try and get the best supply possible and run at 8r if I'm running the amp flat out.
The only time I saw it clip prematurely was when it was running off a long extension lead 13a with a lot of other stuff on it. Was amazed how well it did considering the appaling supply!
Unfortunately I;ve never been in a venue with 16a ceeform let alone anything better!
charlysays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlysays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2016 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by m0gsi m0gsi wrote:

I wonder if the pqm13 goes harder than the pcm12?

Mine clips very early on 4ohm stereo.

I've not tried running it hard at 4r on sub yet. I could run two 18nlw9400s in parallel and the two 18nlw9000s in parallel and spank those channels, but I've not got any more bins which could handle the other two channels at 4r lol.; Apart from my four 18sound cubo subs all my speakers are old JBL and so don't handle much power.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456