Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inherent delay in dcx and driverack dsp??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matty w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inherent delay in dcx and driverack dsp??
    Posted: 08 September 2016 at 1:21am
Hey speakerplaners :) hope everyone's well !

I'm gonna be using two different dsp units for a gig !

I need to find out the inherent delay caused by the AD and DA conversion in the dbx driverack pa + and also the Behringer dcx 2496??

So I can accommodate into the delay settings for the rig !

If anyone knows , let me know :) cheers
Black to black , red to red , blue to bits ....

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 9:47am
unless you need 12 outs just daisy chain one unit into the other and you still have 10 outs and no problem with different delays
matty w View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matty w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 10:49am
Hey mate , yeah that won't work as you will still have an extra bit of latency from the second dsp , only on the outs on the second dsp !!

fatfreddiescat View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatfreddiescat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 11:04am
Measure it with rew or other software
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 11:31am
Originally posted by fatfreddiescat fatfreddiescat wrote:

Measure it with rew or other software

+1

or you could use the dcx's built in delay finder function...... with a little hack.....
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by matty w matty w wrote:

Hey mate , yeah that won't work as you will still have an extra bit of latency from the second dsp , only on the outs on the second dsp !!

I meant use the first unit for the tops, use two outs to connect to the other and use the six outs on that to run kicks and subs. or vice versa. left and right will be identical. any latency gets accounted for by auto-delay function.
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 2:03pm
Nope
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 3:17pm
Which rig are you doing with this?

Using one dsp for subs only is ok because the group delay of the subs will surely be lot bigger then the dsp latency.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
matty w View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matty w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2016 at 11:57pm
Thanks for your help guys ...
I have a wide spaced stereo stack using jbl 4675 c 4lf cabs ... Then I'll be using two jbl 4675 d 4lf as a mono infill !!

Stereo stack will be sitting on two Meyer twin 18" reflex subs each side ... Then mono centre infill will be sitting on one twin 18" reflex !

System will be run from 3 labgruppen 10,000 q amps !

The dcx will be picking up master outs from the mixer ! Output 1 for subs / output 2 (mono sum ) sent to the driverack , split into both inputs / Output 3/4 , jbl 4675c mids/ output 5/6 jbl 4675 c comps !

Then the driverack will be the mono proccessing for the biampd jbl 4675d mono infills !

It was actually quite handy feeding the dbx from the dcx as the dbx won't mono it's inputs so that solved that !

Also it allowed me more bands of parametric eq on the 4675d cabs , that the dbx doesn't support !

Only difference between the 4675d and the 4675c is the horn on the comp!

In reality it means you need different delay settings and slightly different eq ! Crossover has been carefully selected to work for both !

Iv come to the conclusion that the extra delay in the 4675d cabs that are running through two dsp rather than one is relatively negligible.... Being the mono infill they will want to be delayed some to the stereo stack anyway !   

Post Reply Post Reply