Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bass speakers for an event

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray-j-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2016 at 9:37pm
ok, thanks for that. so ill hire the one of that company for now, and then get myself my own amp later. I think that should be ok... on to a crossover... any cheap crossovers you could recommend... since if I'm hiring a amp I can afford one...

I noticed a Behringer Super-X Pro CX2310 Crossover on a website for about £70... do you think that would be suitable or am I just being tight?
If music be the food of love, I mustn't have the right volume.
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2016 at 9:44pm
You could do worse than the Super-X pro for your first X-over

I'd recommend an Ultradrive DCX2496 if you can afford it as it's much more flexible for moving forward but a little more complex to boot
Ray-j-17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray-j-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2016 at 10:12pm
well, unfortunately that is a (lottle) bit expensive :3...

I don't really want to spend over £100 on anything as I only really need the cheapest thing possible... I'm probably only going to use them 4 times and then I'm of to college/uni... when I'm there they already have all of this equipment and I don't really need anything to powerful at home...

ill ask the company what they have but id love to know if you can think of anything under £100. :-3
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2016 at 10:32pm
Anything less than the Ultradrive and the Super-X pro is your friend
mini-mad View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mini-mad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2016 at 10:59pm
iv got a citronic jobbie of fleebay 2/3 way crossover with a 40hz highpass. does the job very well on my bar set up and is set up as a 2.1 system. with a pair of 1U pulse amps hanging off it. very user friendly and about £63 delivered!

If it sounds like a gorilla is trying to escape, turn it down.
Ray-j-17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray-j-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 1:45am
Ill go see what I can find, thanks for that :-), just wonder I g though why you linked some heart shaped belly things?
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2016 at 2:24am
Originally posted by Ray-j-17 Ray-j-17 wrote:

some heart shaped belly things?

Eh, where?
Ray-j-17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray-j-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2016 at 11:05pm
it seems to have reset itself now... I don't know maybe it was just some weird ad on my phone... but it had hyperlinked the word belly to some website selling belly button earrings 0_0

anyway... thanks for all the help you guys (and possibly girls too ;-))
unfortunately... after all of this the hire company just emailed me back and said I cannot hire anything for some reasons I am not willing to disclose, but in basics, without my school I cannot hire anything... and I do not know if my school will be happy to hire £450 worth of equipment for me even with me footing the bill :-(.
Ray-j-17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray-j-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2016 at 8:44pm
I've found a qsc qx5 on ebay. Would that be any good? It includes two graphic equaliser.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123