Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blown Driver?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeruSound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blown Driver?
    Posted: 22 September 2016 at 9:52am
Hi guys, just yesterday i was checking my system and i noticed some differences from One midtop copared to The other. Obviusly there were more High end Freq on One. I suddenly thought it was a passive-xover guilt, so i removed both The driver and i tested them in both cab and cross. From a near test i was not able to notice any diffrence. Soni i mounted again i got again The same problem. Finally i decided to unmount crossover and drivers and The speaker to do a complete test at home. Rta FFT finally found a broken resistor in the loudspeaker zobel net (that i suddenly fixed) and a strage differences in The compression driver response. One is loosing from 6-7 kHz to the end, beibg around -6 DB on 9 kHz.. both xover same problem. Final sentence is that one of The driver seems to be broken (?). It sounds good below but have that loss above. I never had problem with blown CD, do you think that an overdriven driver could get this kinf of problem? Is it blown (or just ruined) cuz of an overpower problem? Is it common to loose high end feqs in this cases? (I should have tested the good diaphragm in The ruined one but i'm already ordering a new one)

Edited by LeruSound - 22 September 2016 at 12:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply