Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Ported Enclosures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B&C 18SW115 enclosure design

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2018 at 11:32pm
Compared to whats out there for way less money? Yeah, it is shit.

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
bcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 8:08am
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Put it in a decent tapped horn if you need that sort of SPL from one box.

Hi Kyle

What in your opinion would be a decent tapped horn, the cyclops maby? I am also looking to get a few cabs made around the similar driver.

Mike
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 4:24pm
keystone subs will go lower than cyclops and are tried and tested with 18sw115s..
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by bass*en*mass bass*en*mass wrote:

keystone subs will go lower than cyclops and are tried and tested with 18sw115s..
thats it go low ? I think i read somewhere at the cyclops CBX played down to 30 hz.
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 6:30pm
Almost everything goes down to 30Hz. It depends on the actual power output it delivers at this frequency.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 6:44pm
according to the sims i have seen/afaik/remember, the regular cyclops are not tuned very low.. around 50hz.. the extended version propably rather 40ish hz, keystone regular around 45hz, extended about 35hz?

MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 7:28pm
Cyclop, TH118, Keystone, all not very big boxes, so 40hz real output with a -3db point at 35ish HZ is what you realistically get from them.
For real 30hz performance, you should look at something like the OT horn or similar design.
Bigger boxes needed for sure, so it is all a compromise.
Once you start thinking truck pack, things get complicated fast.
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
bcs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 7:57pm
I am not so experienced as you guys here but if 30hz is needed wouldn't band pass cabs be better to use, maby X1?
Crashpc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crashpc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 10:02pm
Better is also very broad term. It gives out great SPL for one box, but has also many disadvantages.
Nikon and Canon people should not be married to each other. Why did you let this happen?
nickyburnell View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickyburnell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2018 at 8:12am
Standard Cyclops has 40hz with Fane Prime even though Staip said 45.  Has a very reflex sound.

Not an enjoyable build, think about getting bracing in, need a carpenters mind, or one better than mine :)

Very high attack and subby cab though. Only time I have ever liked sound of non reflex cab in small space

Sadly the FSP link is broken. Link below (the builder) was me.

https://forum.speakerplans.com/beware-the-one-eyed-monster_topic39393.html

Edited by nickyburnell - 12 January 2018 at 8:15am
It's everything, not everythink!
DJ Flowtunes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Flowtunes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 9:18pm
Hello I know this may be late but did you make the box yourself. Cause I am also interested in the driver and I am looking for the best of both worlds that is the best sound with the smallest possible size and weight. That's why I like your box. Please if you didn't build it yourself who did. I am based in Maryland and have been trying to get a good box builder. Any help will be appreciated 

Edited by DJ Flowtunes - 30 August 2018 at 9:19pm
DJ Flowtunes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ Flowtunes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2018 at 9:20pm
Hello I know this may be late but did you make the box yourself. Cause I am also interested in the driver and I am looking for the best of both worlds that is the best sound with the smallest possible size and weight. That's why I like your box. Please if you didn't build it yourself who did. I am based in Maryland and have been trying to get a good box builder. Any help will be appreciated 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678