Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fane Colossus 18XB in Supers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r.G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fane Colossus 18XB in Supers
    Posted: 24 October 2016 at 10:25pm
Hi,

what are recommended xover settings for supers loaded with Fane Colossus 18XBs in a stack of two? Also, what EQing should be applied to get the most out of them?

There are alot of different statements on how much power they can handle, but how much can they actually safely handle on roots & dub, what limiters should I apply?

Thanks

r.G
luton_soundman View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 12:24am
Some of your questions are abit vague and very objective. Eq your scoops to your ears. Tune them to how you like the bass to be. Crossover points will be the same. Most people will say somewhere from 35hz - 90hz. Play around and see what works best for you
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
r.G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r.G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2016 at 8:48am
Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

Some of your questions are abit vague and very objective. Eq your scoops to your ears. Tune them to how you like the bass to be. Crossover points will be the same. Most people will say somewhere from 35hz - 90hz. Play around and see what works best for you

Alright, I forgot to mention that HD15s with Kappa 15 LFAs take over where the scoops roll off. I will try to eq them to taste, but somewhere on here I read that a slight 2-3dB boost at 45Hz and 63Hz is what you want.

Which filters and slopes would you advise when crossing over scoops(and HD15s)? As steep as possible hpf at 35/38 Hz? 

Thanks

r.G
r.G View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r.G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2016 at 8:57am
Originally posted by r.G r.G wrote:

Which filters and slopes would you advise when crossing over scoops(and HD15s)? As steep as possible hpf at 35/38 Hz? 

Any advice?
 Post Reply Post Reply