Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > 12v Powered Systems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

opinions on a portable 24v project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2017 at 3:38pm
You have a ridiculous but brilliant mind for thinking about 24v sound system, I'm positive that you can do it but I agree that you really have to spend more batteries for this. Anyway since you have it already, I'm wishing you Good luck, looking forward for the results.
jonaglon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonaglon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 7:01pm
I thought I'd do a quick update. I'm still a long way from finishing the project but I've got most of the bits working. 

I took bitSmashers advice and got a miniDsp (2x4 board) - amazing piece of equipment and perfect for this project - thanks.

I still have a big 15" speaker powered by a 240v amp with an inverter. I tested my expensive lipov4 battery from china - I played music through an active 800w speaker for about 16 hours, half at listening volume and half really very loud. I was pretty pleased with how it did. BUT the charger overheated when I tried to recharge it so I'm waiting for a replacement before I can recharge :-(   that's what I get buying direct from China I guess.

The biggest surprise for me is how amazing 24v amps like the TDA7498 are -  I've been paying as little as A TENNER(??!) for them (search TDA7498 amazon/ebay etc ). They are pretty powerful for such a cheap tiny thing, really efficient and seem to sound fine so far. So I'm going to have the bass bin optional and only turn it on when we want to really have it. I will use 8s for the bass when we don't need it large. Without the bass bin the sound system should run literally for days.

I'll post some pics when ravebot takes shape, thanks for the advice all.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12