Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Plan Requests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking 4a 5x5 ply cutlist for Cubo 18 ext

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking 4a 5x5 ply cutlist for Cubo 18 ext
    Posted: 10 November 2016 at 1:37am
Hi there, 
  So it seems that my local hardware store has 5x5 Baltic Birch readily available.. Does anyone have a recommendation for an easy to use cut list calculator, or perhaps even better.. A 5x5 cut list for the Cubo 18 extended? I know it will take at least 2 pieces.. Either way...  This Baltic Birch is expensive, and I want to utilize every inch of it without waste... Any help is greatly appreciated.. I will post my follow ups if I find something before a reply.. 
 Thank you for your time...
"Any darned fool can make something complex, it takes a genius to make something simple" Albert Einstein
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2016 at 2:02am
http://cutlistplus.com/

not sure if that's the one i've used.. been a while. there are a couple of free ones out there and they're pretty useful.

Edited by cravings - 10 November 2016 at 2:24am
DemonKnight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2016 at 2:13am
Thank you for your response. CUTLIST PLUS Let's you use it as a "reader only" to view existing project files.. "To edit and create project files you have to upgrade".. I just downloaded and installed that one before you replied.. Haven't found any luck yet especially with one that can use a 5x5 sheet of plywood.

Actually I just downloaded the other version.. I had to download the CUTLIST PLUS FX version trial.. I am trying to figure this out now. Confused

Edited by DemonKnight - 10 November 2016 at 2:33am
"Any darned fool can make something complex, it takes a genius to make something simple" Albert Einstein
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2016 at 12:10pm
http://www.maxcutsoftware.com/

the community edition is free and works fine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2016 at 3:09am
Thank you for your response, and suggestion MR. APW

The "MaxCut" (community Edition) program worked out great, and was very easy to use.. I was limited to only being able to place 8 pieces in the cutlist plus fx demo, and found it more difficult to use.  I managed to get 2 Cubo 18 extended's laid out on (3) 5x5 sheets fairly easily with MaxCut.. 
I am very happy you suggested this program, and I am surprised it offers so much for a free version... This is going to make thinks a lot easier. Thank you for sharing.. 

APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2016 at 9:22am

No Problem, I'm glad it worked out we for you.

I've been using Maxcut for about 3years, occasionally it will do a pore(ish) job and you will need to  change the optimization settings to get the most out of a sheet but most of the time it's very good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonKnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2016 at 11:49am
I noticed that on my second cutsheet that when I removed the plywood grain I was able to fully utilize the entire 5x5 sheet... MaxCut still laid the longer pieces out with the way the grain previously was for the most part which was nice.. If MaxCut allowed for manually moving pieces it would be so much better.. They really need to add the feature. I ended up with a few smaller pieces on the second sheet that were grouped too tight that I will just space appropriately in the waste area. Still a great program none the less, and it gave me the idea that It was possible to fit the 2 Cubo's on the 3 sheets no problem with minimal waste, and fewest cuts. Now I'm just hoping for some free time to get this project started!

Edited by DemonKnight - 11 November 2016 at 11:51am
 Post Reply Post Reply